Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 01:57 PM

Re: New thread for joyce.

I'm sorry to hear that Jimbo. It must be difficult seeing her like that when you have taken such good care of her.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 07:22 PM

It is good that Joyce has had you by her side.
I know a few nurse, they say that they wish that they had the time to sit with patients. But they are so short staffed. They don't have the time, to get all the medical things done at times.
They need more staff. They think it is really nice when a patient has family with them. It's good for the patient and family.
Sorry to hear you have had a grumpy nurse. James
Nice to hear that you have been looking after yourself.
Take care,
Best wishes to you both.
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2012, 11:58 PM

Evening all...............I came back at 8.45pm tonight....that was from 9am this morning......I was so tired that after making a coffee I fell asleep and have just woken up half an hour ago,

Joyce didnt respond at all to me today.....the doctor said that she did hear me and to keep talking to her.
I talk to her all the time and sing a lot to her...the little songs we used to sing at bedtime.......I recite her poem to her.
I tried to give her a sip of water but she nearly chocked.
They have little sticks with pieces of sponge attached.....they use these to clean the mouth out in the morning.......Well I kept dipping them in water,coffee and placing them in her mouth......I think she apprecieted that.
Thank you all for your kind comments.
PS> Hi Dollie......I didnt know you were a member here.
dollie
west sussex
dollie is female  dollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2012, 07:50 AM

im pleased to hear you had a nights sleep james as i know how tiring it is to go back and forth to the hospital ....my thoughts are with you... xxx

yes james ive been a member here since you introduced me to the site a couple of years ago...
Jimbo
Aberdeen,UK
Jimbo is male  Jimbo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2012, 08:05 AM

Morning Dollie and all the other playmates.

Getting ready to go up thr hossie......a nice neighbour will be giving me a lift.

I hate going in first thing in the morning.....it is not nice to see.

James.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2012, 06:26 PM

Please see this thread..

http://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=9157

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top