Join for free
Page 52 of 83 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 04:57 PM

Re: Who Is Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by manasota ->
.....and that summarises UKIP's politics to a tee. Farage will be asking you to join as party theorist
You will see Manasota..you will see!!

In the elections..LOFL...
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Sorry Geoff .. but please stop calling people fascists.
Nigel Farage is getting my vote and I'm not a fascist or a racist.
It's what they do Janela..to get you to shut up..
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 09:44 AM

Between the two threads on here about UKIP and Farage, the discussion has generated 67 pages of comments - proof, if proof were needed that Farage and his cohorts have hit some real nerves.
If they have done nothing else, they have opened up the discussion about the EU and immigration - both subjects about which the general public are very concerned, and both subjects which the three Tory parties have tried hard to stifle discussion about by flinging around accusations of bigotry and racism.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 10:12 AM

I would rather poke my own eyes out than vote for the man.

I do think however you have made a very good point - I think he has been extremely clever and successful at galvanizing support and the other parties have not shown their head sufficiently above the parapet in terms of the myths around immigration and the benefits (or otherwise) of being in the EU.

I have no doubt he will do extremely well in the upcoming elections but to my mind it's all smoke and mirrors. I think it's time the other politicians responded to the great British public's concerns but that would mean admitting that the problems in the public sector are nothing to do with immigrants or the EU but extremely poor mismanagement of the economy and their slavish attention to the rich.

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Between the two threads on here about UKIP and Farage, the discussion has generated 67 pages of comments - proof, if proof were needed that Farage and his cohorts have hit some real nerves.
If they have done nothing else, they have opened up the discussion about the EU and immigration - both subjects about which the general public are very concerned, and both subjects which the three Tory parties have tried hard to stifle discussion about by flinging around accusations of bigotry and racism.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
I think it's time the other politicians responded to the great British public's concerns but that would mean admitting that the problems in the public sector are nothing to do with immigrants or the EU but extremely poor mismanagement of the economy and their slavish attention to the rich.
But perhaps that's where you are mistaken and not us? It appears that you've swallowed every bit of left wing rhetoric that is designed just for that purpose. You want smoke and mirrors, just look to the left.....
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 11:15 AM

Well we could go back and forwards couldn't we?

No you've swallowed ... no you've swallowed etc.. ad infinitum ...

You could be as mistaken as you claim I could be. The nature of political ideology is that we'll probably never know.

Originally Posted by plantman ->
But perhaps that's where you are mistaken and not us? It appears that you've swallowed every bit of left wing rhetoric that is designed just for that purpose. You want smoke and mirrors, just look to the left.....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 12:32 PM

And just maybe, you are both right. Not only have we been betrayed by our political class and their corporate capitalist masters, but we are also victims of the bureacratic nightmare that is the EU and we have welcomed too many immigrants to be easily absorbed.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
I would rather poke my own eyes out than vote for the man.
And that is what democracy is all about...a freedom to choose.....if you don't choose to, you don't have to..
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2014, 08:03 AM

I don't know how so many people can be so gullible to believe anything this man Farage says.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2014, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I don't know how so many people can be so gullible to believe anything this man Farage says.
You do amuse me Arthur, that coming from a Labour supporter is priceless....

Page 52 of 83 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top