Join for free
Page 55 of 190 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2016, 12:44 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Mags Mrs Fox assures me that it is painful but I think the first few days were always going to be the worst and it should be subsiding soon. She can't get comfy in bed so not getting much sleep - except while Coronation Street is on, good job I record it for her. Despite her injuries we managed to make it to the cinema at Meadowhall yesterday to watch Deepwater Horizon, enjoyed it but Kurt Russell is looking old these days.

A beautiful Autumn morning was waiting for me as I led out for my Thursday Six. Again I managed to get half way round before my lower back muscles started tightening up and taking away my power. I just turned down the pace and limped home. Two days rest now before Sunday's run so I'll wack down some Ibuprofen and see what happens.
oh I see OGF still running and stuffing yaself up and complaining and leaving ya poor old missus injured at home whilst you go out and enjoy yourself - don't tell me she said "don't mind me Bob you go and enjoy ya own pain running and I'll just sit around here unable to get about much with no help; but don't mind dear you go and enjoy yaself"

what this lady has had to put up with all these years - a totally selfish adrenaline pumped male who insisted on his daily runs despite any other demands in the household. Well all I can say is that I am glad mrs B enjoyed her cruise holiday despite your selfish running and insisted that you do the correct thing and more normal social time on the cruise rather than pissing off and enjoying yourself on your own!!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 11:39 AM

Please excuse my absence from Bob's Bits but we arrived in Scarborough yesterday to celebrate FIL's 90th birthday. We settled into the hotel yesterday and while we were having a drink in the lounge last night someone else was celebrating a birthday too, and one of the party goers played 'Happy Birthday on the piano. Being as it's Jack's birthday today we commandeered the bloke to play it again this morning.

I took care of business first though, as it's a Thursday and a running day I was out on the road for six thirty, a cheeky little five miler. After heading inland along deserted streets of closed shops (the best time to visit these streets) I made my way north past Peasholm Park and past the open air theatre and eventually came out at Scalby Mills. The sky was just lightening and it was quite mild for the time of year. I dropped down the hill towards the Sealife centre and took the Marine Drive all the way back past the Grand Hotel, up the short steep hill past the Rotunda Museum and arrived back at the Palm Court hotel just in time for breakfast.

It turned out to be such a good run I might break with tradition and do it again on Saturday before we leave......

Thanks for you comments Gumbud, is your Gout still troubling you....Bless...

My daughter and friend will be arriving shortly (Jack will be over the moon he didn't know she was coming) so I must sign off for now to answer the phone to explain how she can find the place........Women drivers.....
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2016, 05:35 PM

Great description of your run in Scarborough and could see all the places you mention in my mind's eye

I love Scarborough ... I was in Whitby last weekend and took my 9 year old granddaughter with me so on Sunday afternoon we got the bus to Scarborough and had a walk up to the Castle, etc.

Last year I walked from The Grand Hotel along Marine Drive ... up to the Castle and cut through to North Bay and walked to Scalby Mills ... then got the bus back into town Wonderful scenery
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 08:20 AM

Thanks for your comments Myrtle, that's a decent climb up to the Castle and your walk to Scalby Mills last year is a fair distance. Hope you don't mind but I've sent you a friends request. You are one of a very small group who regularly visit Bob's Bits and I appreciate it.

Jack was over the moon with his 90th Birthday celebrations yesterday, we arranged the piano player after breakfast, balloons dangling from bright silver stars, and a champagne afternoon tea. A delicious evening meal - that left no room for any drink - and at ten thirty it got too much for him and he made his way to his bed.

Apart from the run yesterday morning I sat around most of the day, so I've a walk planned today, after breakfast I shall walk yesterday's running route. One of our friends said she might join me......We shall see.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Thanks OGF ... I'm happy to be your friend
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-10-2016, 06:30 PM

Good on yer' Mrytle, you can't have too many friends.

Managed to walk the five mile route with Cheryl (A family friend) but Mrs Fox is still having a few problems with her ribs after her fall, but intends to start walking again next week.
It turns out I should have taken my walking shorts because the weather was unseasonably warm and I had to carry my coat after the first mile or two. Cheryl enjoyed the walk so much we decided to go out again early this morning. Cheryl has previously completed a couple of half marathons and some long distance fell walks but after work commitments has not walked for quite a few years and consequently put on a few pounds (well stones actually) but wishes to return to walking and try to regain her fitness.

After surrendering the plastic this morning and paying the bill (I was feeling quite dizzy) we set off for home with just a stop at my favourite garden centre for lunch, we are back in the real world now and serious running starts tomorrow....
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

29-10-2016, 06:33 PM

I hope Cheryl realises how lucky she is to have a walking buddy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

30-10-2016, 11:25 AM

Mrs Fox usually accompanies Cheryl on walks Myrtle but I've had to 'Stand in' so to speak but if she wants to get back to the level she used to be at it will probably be me that takes her on the longer 'expedition' type of walk.

The tight muscle in my left buttock that has been niggling me for the last week or so was still present as I jogged off for an eight mile run this morning. This injury can shut me down if neglected, it has done so before on a few occasions. So I must be careful not to overdo it, an Ibuprofen last night took away most of the discomfort but it was still there this morning but the further I went the less pain I felt until after three or four miles it had gone completely. Fortunately it's more of a problem when I'm not running. So in the end it turned out to be a very enjoyable run on a mild Autumn morning.

I entered this mornings run into my journal and did a quick tally up of the mileage so far this year and was surprised to see that I have completed 970 miles, so even if I only manage to run fifteen miles each remaining month I can break the 1000 mile mark this year.....Better watch that injury though...
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

30-10-2016, 11:40 AM

Wow !!!! That's some mileage you've clocked up OGF
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2016, 12:32 PM

Keep on keeping on Kid..more power to You, and I'm impressed as always,x

Page 55 of 190 « First < 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top