Join for free
Page 56 of 737 « First < 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 556 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 03:20 PM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Why do you feel the need to have your dog on a harness?
Because I am a responsible owner,I don't want my dog to get into another dogs face,he's a friendly little chap,is my jack Russell ,he likes to greet all dogs,only not all dogs like to be greeted and he may get his face bit off.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Because I am a responsible owner,I don't want my dog to get into another dogs face,he's a friendly little chap,is my jack Russell ,he likes to greet all dogs,only not all dogs like to be greeted and he may get his face bit off.
Mine does as he is told. No lead required.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 03:25 PM

Mine does as he is told. No lead required.

Mine has selective hearing.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 03:41 PM

It should be illegal for any dogs to be off a lead in a public place. I get sick to death of them running up to me when I am on my daily walk, however friendly they are.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 03:41 PM

Mine has selective hearing.
Ours was a bit like that when we first got him at a year old from a rescue centre. At first we didn't let him off the lead but a neighbour, also with a collie, offered a bit of advice.
Leave the lead on but let go of it. That way you can catch him if you have to. We did. About four weeks in we just let him off,

That way he gets to wander around, sniff, investigate at his own pace. And walk several times the distance I do.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-10-2018, 04:03 PM

Ours was a bit like that when we first got him at a year old from a rescue centre. At first we didn't let him off the lead but a neighbour, also with a collie, offered a bit of advice.
Leave the lead on but let go of it. That way you can catch him if you have to. We did. About four weeks in we just let him off,

That way he gets to wander around, sniff, investigate at his own pace. And walk several times the distance I do.
You obviously have your dog well trained,Besoeker ,I walk down an unused road,about a mile long,I have a training lead on jack,that way he can go a distance in front of me,I hate him being on a short leash,I can never relax,as I am always on the look out for other dogs,if I see one,I can step on the lead,so jack can't go any further,then reign him in,..tomorrow I am going to take the ball launcher,as I love to see him being exercised,and he loves his ball.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

27-10-2018, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It should be illegal for any dogs to be off a lead in a public place. I get sick to death of them running up to me when I am on my daily walk, however friendly they are.

My advice to you Tara,take a different route,so you avoid the dogs,dogs will always be off leads in certain places,they need to be exercised.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 04:15 PM

My advice to you Tara,take a different route,so you avoid the dogs,dogs will always be off leads in certain places,they need to be exercised.
You can't avoid dogs around here there are too many of the things being walked on the roads through our village where I walk. Most of the dog owners are responsible and keep their animals on the lead, it is the idiots who don't who cause the problems.

I nearly ran one over the other day when it ran straight across the road in front of me. Fortunately for my car I was going below the speed limit, otherwise I would have hit the thing. The owner didn't apologise as he should have done.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2018, 05:05 PM

Things that annoy me =

People who say they are leaving this site then don't have the courage to and then return a week later.....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK

27-10-2018, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
It should be illegal for any dogs to be off a lead in a public place..
Disagree.

Page 56 of 737 « First < 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 106 156 556 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top