Join for free
Page 568 of 1676 « First < 68 468 518 558 566 567 568 569 570 578 618 668 1068 1568 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 08:28 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Gummy, it is so good to read your recent posts.

The romantic side of your clever rhyming themes & soaring verbiage, the antithesis of hyperbole.

Serendipity has happily attracted some charming and articulate lady posters. Excellent work Gummy
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote Surfermom.

#5670 I wiped off my lipstick so as to slip in here mostly unnoticed...

Wise move Surfermom, removing lippy is a wise move, for as you probably know Cochineal, the basic ingredient in scarlet colouring is made from crushed scale insects bodies.

Yeuk.

Having said that no doubt there are equally gruesome ingredients we use innocently in our sheltered lives
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I wiped off my lipstick so as to slip in here mostly unnoticed...

Feeling the pangs of love lost so eloquently expressed ("We thought the painting would not dry but the laquer tears had covered," sigh), and finding the thread meandering into my astronomical (in the literal sense of the word) wheelhouse, I am breaking a a self-imposed rule to not only enter this cogently populated pub but to squeeze a momentary spot at the bar.

The chances that life is out there looks good, though what we will probably find is more likely to give you a cold than a conversation. A nerdy type in a sparse university alcove calculated that there could be 500 billion planets just in the Milky Way alone that could be habitable.

As for this little blue ball, we are a hopelessly wasteful, inefficient, overly-reproductive - and filthy to boot. Nature tends to have little patience for species that run out of resources. In the big picture, there is plenty of time for Mother Nature to send us to the scrap heap of extinct species, scrub up the place and evolve another that will be more successful...

...one in which the best remnants of our DNA will make it through the next sorting so that a compelling sci-fi story, a pretty melody, or a bittersweet poem still stirs the fires of living. Of all the things that make it through those combinations of bases that make up the rungs of the double helix for this post human species, wouldn't it be a shame to lose love and humo(u)r?

Ah, but the clock complains that I have overstayed my welcome, so with an anticipated, "Get your coat!" I will, head bowed, sashay right on out of here past Sweetie Pie who is better at lifting the spirits 'round here. Thank you for the drink, gentlemen .
surfermom oh please don't go I have plenty of poems just for you!!

but seriously as Jem will verify women or ladies or girls whatever you which to call yourself these days are very much welcomed here - you will undoubtedly bring a more balanced view of life around the place.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 09:34 AM

I was harangued some time ago by a very attractive and charming lady that I just was mesmerized by and was led down the garden path - I won't bore you with the entire tale but my regularly followers may recognize it - however her is the final stanza

she purred "be still my darling -I'll fix you"
soon get back the wind in ya sails
I must truly confess I was not feeling my best
and my reasoning power had failed

and then if struck by some lightning
a thunderbolt pursed through my veins
my eyeballs did spin - I felt like 'heavenly sin'
I thought is this pleasure or pain?

I closed up my eyes in exhaustion
it seemed for a minute or two
but when I awoke the morning had broke
and the 'albatross' flown the coup

ps: the albatross being the lady in question

© gumbud
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 10:27 AM

Surfermom I hope that you will scribble more leisurely contributions as good writing is always a pleasure to read .
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 01:46 PM

What a pleasant surprise it was to see your wise and informative post here this today Surfer, you know your onions as they say, thank you for that and don’t forget to drop in again to the verbal haberdashery dept. anytime you get time.
I see there’s no stopping the Gummy fella once he gets the love hambone between his teeth, love poems comin’ out his ears, romantic old devil ain’t he, but long may he continue bless his loving heart and his pen.
Didn’t Edgar Allen Poe write something called “The tell Tale Heart”? Must look that up.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
I was harangued some time ago by a very attractive and charming lady that I just was mesmerized by and was led down the garden path - I won't bore you with the entire tale but my regularly followers may recognize it - however her is the final stanza

she purred "be still my darling -I'll fix you"
soon get back the wind in ya sails
I must truly confess I was not feeling my best
and my reasoning power had failed

and then if struck by some lightning
a thunderbolt pursed through my veins
my eyeballs did spin - I felt like 'heavenly sin'
I thought is this pleasure or pain?

I closed up my eyes in exhaustion
it seemed for a minute or two
but when I awoke the morning had broke
and the 'albatross' flown the coup

ps: the albatross being the lady in question

© gumbud
I have never seen a one night stand put so poetically.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 08:26 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 09:05 PM

Join me in the "Pit of Misery".
Dilly dilly.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2018, 09:08 PM

Education, Edification, Exaltation.

Page 568 of 1676 « First < 68 468 518 558 566 567 568 569 570 578 618 668 1068 1568 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top