Join for free
Page 59 of 190 « First < 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 10:58 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Bob I hope you are feeling better this morning and that the pain is subsiding .
No running today again I guess, if you are like me with my daily walks that will not go down well with you . Maybe tomorrow you can run again
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 11:37 AM

Thanks Meg, Myrtle and Twink you have made me feel better already......

You were exactly spot on Meg, My Dentist drilled a hole in my tooth and the horrible smelling custard came oozing out from the gum above. The Doctor had prescribed 500mg Amoxicillin for the Infected Sinus, so the dentist said 'He has prescribed the right treatment for the wrong ailment'...He went on to massage my gum....Ouch....but it seems to have done the trick and I slept most of the night without too much pain.

My face still looks like I have gone three rounds with Mike Tyson but I don't need to take half the pain killers I was taking. And you are right Meg, I feel worse when I can't get out to exercise. I feel as drained as the abscess now so it will be light duties today, preferably indoors. The Dentist has placed a temporary filling in the tooth and says he doubts that it will fill up again, so I need to go back in a week or two for him to make a proper job of it.

The root of the tooth had died some time ago and was slowly festering away that had caused the abscess. That part of my face has felt a bit tender for quite a number of years but who knew it would turn into this. So you will all be glad to hear that suicide is not going to be an option and Bob's Bits WILL continue.....You lucky people!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 11:53 AM

That is good news Bob you should be feeling a lot better by tomorrow .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 12:13 PM

Good to hear you are on the mend Bob!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 05:59 PM

Thanks Twink and Meg, and thank the Lord for Ibuprofen..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 06:19 PM

Bob, l was just drooling about your salmon and cucumber sandwiches that l read about a few pages back......when l came onto the saga of your tooth abscess and all the yellow custard that ooozed out.
Now....I think l will forget making a salmon and cucumber sandwich!

PS. Sorry l forgot to say, l hope your mouth is much better now!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-11-2016, 10:39 PM

Aw sorry Arty I don't want to see you go hungry, so no more talk about oozy stuff....
I would like to mention though that I have been improving all day.
After feeling rough when I dragged myself out of bed this morning I realised that there was still some way to go before I made a full recovery. Mrs Fox would be away all day and we were running low on supplies so it was up to me to do the Tesco shop or go hungry.

I returned home feeling quite ill and now I had some additional pain where the dentist had applied pressure to my gum and the tooth that had been drilled, so soup would be preferable to anything chewy. I succumbed to the pain and had an Ibuprofen with the soup.

It's been over eight hours now and am still pain free so I guess the Ibuprofen would have worn off, it looks like Thursday's mornings run might be a goer!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 11:05 PM

You poor soul OGF, you have been through the mill, haven't you.
Hope you feel on the mend now, and can get back to enjoying your running again.

Myrtle Your tea bag suggestion - do you mean just a new, dry teabag, without wetting it?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 11:37 PM

"Myrtle Your tea bag suggestion - do you mean just a new, dry teabag, without wetting it?"

Yes Mups .... it soon gets wet once it‘s in your mouth ... and I promise you it does work !!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2016, 12:30 AM

Well I've never heard that before. That is worth remembering.
Thank you Myrtle.

Page 59 of 190 « First < 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 109 159 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top