Join for free
Page 592 of 1010 « First < 92 492 542 582 590 591 592 593 594 602 642 692 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:28 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
I had my lunch at 11.00am as for some reason I was still feeling hungry.

I had a very small mic baked potato, warmed up my home made stew, and toasted a naan bread. Now I've eaten what was supposed to be for my tea/dinner !!!!
DL, I think Sunday is a grazing day. It is for me

Come to think of it, every day's a grazing day for me these days
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by huggy ->
Oh dear I didn't answer the question.

For lunch I am having tomatoes, cheese and pickled onions
Mmmmm, I really enjoy tomatoes, cheese and picked onions. Thanks for reminding Huggy !!

I'm a bit of a pickle fanatic and always go for Haywards. However at Christmas I tried Bramwells, and although nice and crips, they just didn't cut it for me!! Maybe because they were the very large pickles, but they'd sold out of the medium ones !!
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
DL, I think Sunday is a grazing day. It is for me

Come to think of it, every day's a grazing day for me these days
Me too !! Just wondering what I can have next !!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 08:51 PM

Didn't have to ask for a doggy bag! I was left a bag at the front door with 3 scones, jam, clotted cream, and a huge bag of chocolates! I only wanted to borrow a few Which? Magazines!!!! I bought scones myself yesterday.

Want a cream tea? Come here...there's plenty. I'll be the side of a house soon.

There was ham or cheese sandwiches, quiche, cream teas, cakes, crisps, plenty cups of tea. And a Baileys on ice. Lovely spread, and lovely company.

And because it got late, as I was helping my mate order an internet streaming device for Netflix, I got a lift home (went by bus and underground). I said, I suppose you want me back to help you connect it? Guess what? Then, I'll be treated to lunch at Pizza Express. Honestly, too generous by far. I am just happy with their company, or helping my mate where he needs it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Didn't have to ask for a doggy bag! I was left a bag at the front door with 3 scones, jam, clotted cream, and a huge bag of chocolates! I only wanted to borrow a few Which? Magazines!!!! I bought scones myself yesterday.

Want a cream tea? Come here...there's plenty. I'll be the side of a house soon.

There was ham or cheese sandwiches, quiche, cream teas, cakes, crisps, plenty cups of tea. And a Baileys on ice. Lovely spread, and lovely company.

And because it got late, as I was helping my mate order an internet streaming device for Netflix, I got a lift home (went by bus and underground). I said, I suppose you want me back to help you connect it? Guess what? Then, I'll be treated to lunch at Pizza Express. Honestly, too generous by far. I am just happy with their company, or helping my mate where he needs it.
Your mate obviously thinks of you as a great friend. What goes around comes around. I'm salivating as I read that jazzi . Great hosts indeed
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2015, 09:19 PM

I've known the man for around 30 years (he and his ex wife). And when he got this new partner we automatically got on with each other, so I've gained a third friend, if you like.

The man and I used to do car boot sales and I help him with computer problems. He is a true friend and I think the world of him. He is like a brother to me.

Yes, the spread was delicious. She just loves cooking and entertaining. We sat at the table for hours, just talking, drinking, and continually picking at the food.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 10:14 AM

I'll have a Cream Tea Janet please, meet you at Romford, i'll bring the Ice cream.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2015, 10:15 AM

Today I am making my own Chicken & Leek Pie made with Filo pastry, trying to be more healthy.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

05-01-2015, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I'll have a Cream Tea Janet please, meet you at Romford, i'll bring the Ice cream.
Oh what a shame: decided not to go out today. Annoyingly I have a new packet of scones, to use by today! Why did I buy them?!

I don't have enough cream to give any away...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

05-01-2015, 02:06 PM

A neighbour is going to call in later and collect a couple of scones. I might just have enough cream to give her too. Rather give them away than throw.

Page 592 of 1010 « First < 92 492 542 582 590 591 592 593 594 602 642 692 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top