Join for free
Page 597 of 737 « First < 97 497 547 587 595 596 597 598 599 607 647 697 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 09:46 AM

Re: Things that annoy you!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Too much talk about Covid19 on TV.

If they are worried about mental health problems, owing to the lock down, They should try putting something entertaining on instead of telling us....
a) the daily number of deaths,
b) that it could go on longer than we think
c) we are more likely to die if we are diabetic
d) and all the ads from Banks, insurance companies & other businesses, all trying to convince us that they are better than their competitors.

If they showed a few repeat films or something amusing it would probably give those, who have mental health problems, something more positive than worrying who may die next!
Bravo Twink......Excellent post....

It's like the media [especially the BBC] want us to be miserable, suicidal and negative.
And I've never heard of such bullocks than all the banks are behind us and have got our backs......Sure they've got our backs because they had the shirt off them a long time ago...Bloody hypocrites....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Bravo Twink......Excellent post....

It's like the media [especially the BBC] want us to be miserable, suicidal and negative.
And I've never heard of such bullocks than all the banks are behind us and have got our backs......Sure they've got our backs because they had the shirt off them a long time ago...Bloody hypocrites....
Thanks Foxy, it is good to know that others are fed up with a constant stream of programmes that think the only topic of conversation should be Corona virus!
I have resorted to playing Solitaire on my PC, when I have nothing to do...... but I have reached Grand Master status!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A personal view.

Too much baking and not enough fishing on TV.
It's not surprising why that over time people are turning toward the
internet for their entertainment
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by basser ->
It's not surprising why that over time people are turning toward the
internet for their entertainment
Quite true basser, and not everything on t'net is conspiracy theory and fake news; Although it's getting difficult to tell the difference these days....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:18 AM

If they are worried about mental health problems, owing to the lock down, They should try putting something entertaining on instead of telling us....
d) and all the ads from Banks, insurance companies & other businesses, all trying to convince us that they are better than their competitors.

If they showed a few repeat films or something amusing it would probably give those, who have mental health problems, something more positive than worrying who may die next!

I agree and wrote the same about a month back.
It is the constant drip feeding of statistics, death, and illness that is encouraging lonely people in lockdown to suffer depression, because thoughts nourish our minds just as food nourishes the body.
Constant bad thoughts, = unhealthy minds.

I said before that if/when this is all over, it will leave another epidemic in it's place - mental health problems.

Do something you enjoy every single day and stop listening, reading, and talking non-stop about death.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 11:21 AM

Tune in to the Talking Pictures channel.
To be perfectly honest, that's the one I seem to watch the most.
Conversely, I might watch one or two BBC programmes (any of their channels) in a week! I can't wait for them to lose their compulsory TV tax funding.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 12:51 PM

I don't like those posts of photos that move around as you scroll. I don't know what they're called, probably something iphones do. You can move your phone to see around the picture. They give me vertigo!

Also, I think I'm becoming invisible!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

16-05-2020, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by tessa ->
i don't like those posts of photos that move around as you scroll. I don't know what they're called, probably something iphones do. You can move your phone to see around the picture. They give me vertigo!

also, i think i'm becoming invisible!
next!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
next!
I knew it!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2020, 01:56 PM

Thanks Foxy, it is good to know that others are fed up with a constant stream of programmes that think the only topic of conversation should be Corona virus!
I have resorted to playing Solitaire on my PC, when I have nothing to do...... but I have reached Grand Master status!
I don't listen when the news comes on, unless it's something completely different. The reports about Covid-19 are repetitive, meaningless and boring.

I play Spider Solitaire when I have nothing better to do.

Page 597 of 737 « First < 97 497 547 587 595 596 597 598 599 607 647 697 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top