Join for free
Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2017, 09:05 PM

Re: A very bleak mood...

Dreamy I have just been catching up on here.
You, I know can be great fun, I want my great funny poster back, please.
I hope being able to post and share your worries on this forum has helped you. I have a feeling that it has.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 02:38 PM

Well I almost O'D'd on my codeine phosphate tablets.

I thought the box said 4 or 5 tablets every 4 hours when it was really 1 tablet every 4 hours along with paracetamol if needed. I didn't take any paracetamol.

Not feeling well on Sunday, I googled it and found out I'd taken a near fatal amount although spread out over 48 hours.

Cue my phoning 111 and their sending out an ambulance straight away. By that time I was panicking and prepared a hospital bag with a change of clothes, my phone charger etc. I really thought I might die.

The ambulance staff arrived, did my temperature, blood pressure, blood glucose and an EKG. These were all OK. They wanted to take me in for observation but I really didn't want to go. They were so nice with me and phoned and consulted with a doctor at the hospital and determined that I needn't go in if I signed an electronic waiver. They advised me to phone again if I felt feverish or drowsy.

Subsequently I haven't taken anymore codeine.

My neighbours in my stair have been so kind; they saw the ambulance come (and it stayed around 2 hours) and later on went about preparing some food for me (they are Chinese), so I've had chicken noodle soup and last night a beef dish they brought round. They needn't have bothered but it was so kind of them and I haven't felt up to cooking, anyway.

So, Ive started the week a little shaky but well nourished.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 03:04 PM

Oh, Dreamy what did I say about writing on the packet!!!!
Why do you think I told you this?
So glad you are OK now.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 03:20 PM

It's strange: I'm competent reading and writing English yet failed miserably when it came to a prescription box of tablets.

Will follow your advice next time.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 03:25 PM

Ffosse, I'm glad you are OK after that scare. My husband takes 18 tablets a day and I sort them out for him into a seven day tablet dispenser. You can buy one cheaply enough at the chemist shop. It's a bit like a military operation organising the tablets but saves mistakes from happening. Please take care.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

14-11-2017, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
Ffosse, I'm glad you are OK after that scare. My husband takes 18 tablets a day and I sort them out for him into a seven day tablet dispenser. You can buy one cheaply enough at the chemist shop. It's a bit like a military operation organising the tablets but saves mistakes from happening. Please take care.
Thanks - I'm looking at apps for my phone which will then alert me to when and which tablet to take.

Sometimes I'm forgetful - I set my cooker on fire a few years ago by forgetting the grill was on.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2017, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Thanks - I'm looking at apps for my phone which will then alert me to when and which tablet to take.

Sometimes I'm forgetful - I set my cooker on fire a few years ago by forgetting the grill was on.
It's easy to forget things. If you can sort out your tablets in advance it really does help.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

15-11-2017, 03:13 PM

Feeling OK today but a bit low; it doesn't help when I know I have to switch the lights on at 3:30.

Tomorrow a social worker/health consultant/psychiatric/mental health worker is coming around at 10 so it will be good to find out what they can offer. Gives me an excuse to tidy and clean my front room which is what I've been doing. Normally Autumn is my favourite time of year but it feels like mid Winter already.

I've made up a Neil Diamond playlist on my phone - I like to have a different playlist for each of my favourite artists; so far I've got:

Neil Diamond
Bee Gees
The Byrds
The Who
Simon & Garfunkel
Josh Ritter
The Jayhawks
Long Crazy Horse & Neil Young tracks
Neil Young
Essential 60s folk
Baroque
Creedence Clearwater Revival

I love music, find that it makes everything else bearable. Going to create an Abba playlist next.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

15-11-2017, 08:14 PM

Dreamy that sounds good to me.
I hope your CPN is a good one, that is a big step forward to help you.
Keep us all posted.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2017, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Well I almost O'D'd on my codeine phosphate tablets.

I thought the box said 4 or 5 tablets every 4 hours when it was really 1 tablet every 4 hours along with paracetamol if needed. I didn't take any paracetamol.

Not feeling well on Sunday, I googled it and found out I'd taken a near fatal amount although spread out over 48 hours.

Cue my phoning 111 and their sending out an ambulance straight away. By that time I was panicking and prepared a hospital bag with a change of clothes, my phone charger etc. I really thought I might die.

The ambulance staff arrived, did my temperature, blood pressure, blood glucose and an EKG. These were all OK. They wanted to take me in for observation but I really didn't want to go. They were so nice with me and phoned and consulted with a doctor at the hospital and determined that I needn't go in if I signed an electronic waiver. They advised me to phone again if I felt feverish or drowsy.

Subsequently I haven't taken anymore codeine.

My neighbours in my stair have been so kind; they saw the ambulance come (and it stayed around 2 hours) and later on went about preparing some food for me (they are Chinese), so I've had chicken noodle soup and last night a beef dish they brought round. They needn't have bothered but it was so kind of them and I haven't felt up to cooking, anyway.

So, Ive started the week a little shaky but well nourished.

You sure it was Sunday 12/11? Only you were online here and posting as you were on Monday 13/11?

Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top