Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 04:17 PM

Re: Have You A Tip To Pass On???

Just thought of another tip this time from my 83 year old mother in law. Always keep a sanitary pad handy in case you cut yourself, press the pad onto the wound. This is particularly helpful if you need to go to hospital for stitches. She tells me her brother was a butcher and always had a sanitary towel handy.( I wonder where he kept it)
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 04:19 PM

I've always got washing soda crystals in the cupboard which I use for unblocking the sink, didn't think to use them for shifting stains in the laundry. I must use them more My grill pan is quite stained and I cant shift them so will try soaking it in soda crystals
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 04:34 PM

You should use the rubber gloves and not use it on aluminium. It really is amazing stuff and cheap which is what I like.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2012, 05:39 PM

Try to drive without using your brakes, ie, drive with your gears. You use them to speed up so why not use them to slow down?

Driving on icy roads! Reduce your tyre pressure by 2psi
Lower gear downhill, higher gear uphill.

Starting off on snow or ice leave the handbrake on slightly and use second gear it stop wheel spin, once moving release the handbrake fully.

Want more MPG, use thin soled shoe'a for a more sensitive touch of the accelerator pedal.

Remove the junk from the boot (Golf Clubs)and unecessary items.
Dont use high revs.
Switch off the air conditioning if it is not needed.
Keep your tyres at the correct pressures.
Motorway driving efficiency is at approximately 55mph.(depends of the car)
Remember having to brake means you used to much power and more fuel.

Last but not least, Assume the other car has no driver.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top