Join for free
Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:09 PM

Re: Makeup can age the skin

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
me too, I hate the annoying little buggers, I pluck 'em and still they come back in the same damn place! My hubby keeps telling me he can see them blowing in the wind haha
Ladies. may I recommend threading?

Its fantastic for getting rid of the little buggers for a few weeks and no allergic reactions or skin being ripped from you
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:11 PM

I've heard of that ... what exactly is it?
Is it like been attacked with a length of dental floss across your chops?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've heard of that ... what exactly is it?
Is it like been attacked with a length of dental floss across your chops?

It is indeed

But is so quick and whilst a bit stingy, its a clean sweep with no reaction and no lasting soreness

I had eyebrows and top lip done in about 10 mins and Ive still got my skin ( waxing always leaves me bleeding) and Im as smooth as a baby's bum
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 07:21 PM

Top lip sounds painful .. but worth knowing for when my tache gets out of control. A girl can only walk around with her head lowered for so long.
Mel15
Nowhere

20-09-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Top lip sounds painful .. but worth knowing for when my tache gets out of control. A girl can only walk around with her head lowered for so long.
Seriously Id walked past these girls who have the stands in the shopping centres and thought about it but was too shy to be sat there in full view. But Ive a wedding on Saturday and the last wedding ( daughters) I got waxed and ended up with scabs so I thought Id give it a go

Well yes you sneeze a lot but seriously its so fast its ok. And I wasn't feared of walking up the high street after, no redness or soreness
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 08:00 PM

Yeah the people who do that type of hair removal are really good.
It’s super fast and practically painless.
I got my eyebrows permanently done years ago but I get the odd mustashe hair that I need to pluck out but I do them myself. I have one of those permanent hair removers.
This is going to sound soooo lame but I hate the thought of not being able to do all this when I get older. Luckily I’m not finding any ear hairs yet
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

20-09-2018, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Seriously Id walked past these girls who have the stands in the shopping centres and thought about it but was too shy to be sat there in full view. But Ive a wedding on Saturday and the last wedding ( daughters) I got waxed and ended up with scabs so I thought Id give it a go
Yes! That's where I've seen them and was a little curious but never brave enough to venture in with shoulders thrust back and chin thrust forward.

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
This is going to sound soooo lame but I hate the thought of not being able to do all this when I get older. Luckily I’m not finding any ear hairs yet
Doesn't sound lame ... I'm not vain but I agree with you. I'd be so self conscious about overgrown face fuzz.
Mel15
Nowhere

20-09-2018, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Yeah the people who do that type of hair removal are really good.
It’s super fast and practically painless.
I got my eyebrows permanently done years ago but I get the odd mustashe hair that I need to pluck out but I do them myself. I have one of those permanent hair removers.

That is not lame

Many moons ago I worked with a lass who was about my age now, and her mummy was in the elderly care unit and she went every day to pluck her face as she knew he mummy would have hated anyone seeing it

Im going to hate the day when Im in that bed with no nearest and dearest to come to see to me

Im very dark. My hair was jet black. Since the menopause its disappearing from below the neck line and sprouting out above
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 08:40 PM

10 years ago I trained in threading . I have done a lot of women with facial hair over the years and still do a few . I have two clients who are elderly , one in her eighties and the other who is 92. They have full face threading every 6 weeks , they love it when I hand them the mirror . Their skin looks so much nicer . I do my friend val too she has bad facial hair so one day while threading her I got a large clump of black mohair from her cardigan caught in the thread
So I pulled it up and said , blimey look at the hair I've taken off , she believed me too !

Threading my sister is the funniest , I often say I wish I had a camera at the faces she pulls and the noises she makes , she looks hilarious as I tell her to push her tongue into her top lip or bottom lip .

It's painful and stings and I'd never have it done .

Anyone want threading ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2018, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Our Mums used to tell us that to scare us from using make up when we were younger.

Having good skin is mostly down to inherited genes.
I totally agree that it's down to genes. That and not smoking or eating junk food.

In terms of wrinkles it's often also down to bone structure and dental structure which determine the vertical dimension of the face. That along with the natural oils in the skin.

But none of it is down to make up. Not taking make up off at night does not give you wrinkles - I am proof!

Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top