Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:18 AM

Re: Old people’s bedside table

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Eeeek!! That gives me the heebie jeebies! I couldn't sleep if something was charging during the night. I don't even feel comfortable with the fridge plugged in all the time!
Pixie, l am funny about that too, about charging phones etc and think whatever they give off, being absorbed into my brain.

Actually, by the contents of my last two comments, l think my brain must’ve been affected already!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bathsheba, lt’s so much simpler isn’t it just to swig tap water from your (washed) hand.

You’ll think l am really bonkers but...
l hate the thought of dust, flaking skin and whatever comes out of your nose and mouth whilst you are sleeping, going into the atmosphere and then settling on your water!!
Exactly Pixie! I hate the thought of that too! Which is why I have one of those sports bottles where you can close the mouthpiece down flat, then pop a button to open it again.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Exactly Pixie! I hate the thought of that too! Which is why I have one of those sports bottles where you can close the mouthpiece down flat, then pop a button to open it again.
Bathseba, l have noticed, some people have a small paper doily over the top of the glass.

My daughters use those sports bottles but l always think they drink from them, like they are at a breast!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:42 AM

Ohmygosh yes! of course. How have you coped this long without one? They are the mainstay of a good nights sleep, Tabby
Oh I have those in abundance - head - pillow - gone! Sleep deeply for about 5 hours then wake like a Tiger refreshed and ready for whatever the day throws at me. Once I am asleep you could march a brass band through the bedroom and I wouldn't notice.

How would having a night table improve on that??
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Oh I have those in abundance - head - pillow - gone! Sleep deeply for about 5 hours then wake like a Tiger refreshed and ready for whatever the day throws at me. Once I am asleep you could march a brass band through the bedroom and I wouldn't notice.

How would having a night table improve on that??
Well it wouldn't, I suppose, if you sleep like that! I want to know your secret though!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:24 AM

Well it wouldn't, I suppose, if you sleep like that! I want to know your secret though!
If I knew it I would bottle and sell it!

Been that way since birth - used to drive people mad - especially my brother and sister - they seemed to need 8 or 9 hours of sleep otherwise they were decidedly cranky!

Mother insisted we children should be in bed by 7:00pm - which meant that by 12 midnight I was up again and raring to go! She took to locking my bedroom door.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
If I knew it I would bottle and sell it!

Been that way since birth - used to drive people mad - especially my brother and sister - they seemed to need 8 or 9 hours of sleep otherwise they were decidedly cranky!

Mother insisted we children should be in bed by 7:00pm - which meant that by 12 midnight I was up again and raring to go! She took to locking my bedroom door.
Well I have just moved my bedside table away, because I think that is the key.....
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

My daughters use those sports bottles but l always think they drink from them, like they are at a breast!
OMG, haha, that has seriously never occurred to me!
Now I won’t be able to unthink this
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

06-07-2021, 06:11 PM

I always thought that too...I always unscrew the entire thing and drink from the bottle top.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-07-2021, 08:26 PM

Bathsheba, Tonight, look in a mirror as you suckle your bottle to get the water out and you will see what l mean!!

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top