Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 08:14 AM

Re: Mealworms, Mash & Peas....

I’m with Ripple also.
I’m so sorry for your loss.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I think you are the one who’s in need of info .
After watching my husband die last year of pulmonary fibrosis I’ll tell you what good the money did us damn all !
While clean air at work would & could of been a life saver . That’s what you should try to leave your grandchildren a clean and healthy chance of life. Brass as you put it is nice but it won’t cure a progressive illness due to bad air conditions. Dropping the heating down a centigrade or two or disposing sensibly of rubbish is a start but alone it’s not enough , a lot more changes will be needed . Changes will and are happening regardless of what us now the older generation think …because future ..it’s no longer ours to ruin . If that means fuels foods travel construction packaging ending the throwaway lifestyle so be it …. Yes you can always leave your children brass too I’m sure they will appreciate it.
With that I’m bowing out of this convo.
So sorry for your loss Ripple, this discussion must have been so emotional for you. I'm very sorry if I have upset you.. Accept this hug by way of an apology. I seem to be upsetting a few people on the forum just lately. Time for me to step back.....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2021, 10:45 AM

Hi

OGF and Ripple, you are both right.

We had Ice Ages long before humans could have impacted the Earth in anyway, shape or form.

We should not be so arrogant that we think we can control everything.

We should also recognise that we are interfering with nature and this we can affect.

We are impacting on our Planet and we most certainly affect the way we impact on it.

We can have beneficial effects and we can reverse somethings we have done.

OGF, you now have fish in the River Don, they where there originally, but human pollution killed them off.

We have reversed this.

We can reverse other things that we have done and make the world a better place for our kids than it is now.

What we cannot do is change the Universe.

Our sun will change, it will get hotter and colder and eventually it will become uninhabitable.

We can and should however make it a good place to live for our kids.

Yes, we should leave our kids money, we should also leave the world a less dangerous place to live in.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top