Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 07:23 PM

Re: Child free zones

The fact is, most middle aged and older people I meet don't seem to much like children and the older they become, the less tolerant they seem. It always amuses me that people I know who've had children of their own - some of whom have been extremely disruptive and ill behaved - aver that their children weren't "like that". How selective some memories are ...
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 08:40 PM

There is not a single perfect child in the world, or adult for that matter. Toleration is the word and if you can't tolerate others in society then I suggest staying home with the door firmly locked to the outside world is the answer.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 11:00 PM

We have two kids, neither of which have impacted on any other living being, I would like to claim success for this but I can't, they were just born like this, only god knows the reason why.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
We have two kids, neither of which have impacted on any other living being, I would like to claim success for this but I can't, they were just born like this, only god knows the reason why.
Yeah right
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2012, 11:13 PM

They are good kids.
mesco m
manchester

30-09-2012, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
They are good kids.
So are mine and I suspect every parent claims the same.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

30-09-2012, 11:47 PM

There is no goodness scale for grading kids behaviour, just the gut feeling as one observes the approach of ones offspring to the reaction of other beings, if the fruits of your loin are passive, in the face of questionable behaviour, you (or God) have done a pretty good job. IMO.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 07:27 AM

The local rag are doing a poll on child free zones and at the moment it is 68% for them and 32% against them.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 09:40 PM

I would hate child free zones. Children keep you young in outlook. I have just been up to my daughter's house tonight and we have had a glorious time with her two boys ripping all the wallpaper off the hall. They were a great help and we felt like naughty children ourselves laughing and giggling while we were ripping it off the wall and making a wonderful mess. Every time I got a corner going the eldest who is six pinched it off me. He said I was the starter and he was the ripper.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2012, 09:54 PM

Child free zones FTW (hey, I used one of those online slangs!)

I am a father and a grandfather and love children but there are times I just want PEACE AND QUIET, something you rarely get from children these days, not like when I was young and kids spoke when they were spoken to. I'm not saying that is the way to go, but it sure was better in terms of politeness.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top