Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:27 PM

Re: Have you got a temper?

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No, Mups, I would not pay for anything like that - waste of money in my opinion. Walking through woodland or by the river calms me down - as does cuddling a cat! In fact just looking into the eyes of a cat - or a dog - totally dissipates any negativity.

Same here, Tabs.
Nature does it every time for me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2019, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
What I can't understand is that these so-called "rage rooms" do not just spring up next to someopne who is having a temper tantrum. By the time they reach their rage room their temper is likely to have subsided.
If people are angry all the time then they need long-term professional help with a psychologist, not a quick fix smashing up plates.

I thought much the same, Floydy.
Just someone else on a 'get rich quick' scheme to me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-02-2019, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I just did a search using the term 'plate smashing therapy' and was surprised by the number or entries that came up about places where people can go to smash things up.

Good grief!
How weird.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-02-2019, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I rage in my room. Does that count, Mupsy?

Can't imagine you ever raging anywhere Plops.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I just did a search using the term 'plate smashing therapy' and was surprised by the number or entries that came up about places where people can go to smash things up.
There's an old German tradition, where friends and neighbours
turn up with their old china plates and crockery, the night before a couple is to be married and smash what ever they brought, in front of their house in the street. It's then the groom who has to sweep it all up.
It's not really a rage. It's meant to bring good luck to the couple.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2019, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
There's an old German tradition, where friends and neighbours
turn up with their old china plates and crockery, the night before a couple is to be married and smash what ever they brought, in front of their house in the street. It's then the groom who has to sweep it all up.
It's not really a rage. It's meant to bring good luck to the couple.
Our son married in Germany. There was a variation to that plate smashing. They were still smashed but it was done outside of the hall where the wedding reception was held. There was a log to be sawn by the couple as well.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 03:49 AM

Yes, I'm sure there are variations. I'm talking more than 40 years ago when my wife's brother got married.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:43 AM

I went to a Greek wedding once where the men smashed plates and danced... it was fun
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 11:11 AM

I used to work with a woman who used to smash a glass milk bottle against the wall, when she was annoyed about something.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top