Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 07:50 PM

Re: Brexit: What happens now?

Originally Posted by moreover ->
Make your minds up! Brexit wasn't about immigration, it was good old British sovereignty and spirit, wasn't it? We're a nation of heroes not thick, stupid, racist morons, aren't we? Boris, Farage and the rest of the self-serving, greedy manipulators told us Brexit would stop immigration anyway, because they would make British workers work instead of loafing around on the dole. The unions have been asking the government to do that for decades but the unions are the enemy of the people so Boris is going to save the day, despite having shown himself to be a liar and a cheat.

Good grief!
The people I have seen interviewed in the street mostly said they were voting out because of immigration, some really didnīt have much idea of what they were voting for and others said they made a big mistake.

Nation of heroes, yes once upon a time maybe but these days I think much of the "now British" population would rather wipe out Britain than fight for it.

I just wonder who is going to get blamed for things going wrong once UK is officially out of the EU. Probably all the people who make the international laws, who knows?
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I just wonder who is going to get blamed for things going wrong once UK is officially out of the EU. Probably all the people who make the international laws, who knows?
Well we could blame our elected politicians, now that we know they are accountable (well that's what they said) and they would take notice... wouldn't they? Well probably not.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
Well we could blame our elected politicians, now that we know they are accountable (well that's what they said) and they would take notice... wouldn't they? Well probably not.
Well I think every Prime Minister and politician since the year dot has been blamed for just about everything, Iīm not saying much of the time they donīt deserve it, but of course they can never please everyone. I donīt see that ever changing either. We all have to make decisions at times and they are not always the right ones. Difference being when we make a wrong decision we donīt have half the countryīs population gunning for us.
graculus
Yorkshire
graculus is male  graculus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Well I think every Prime Minister and politician since the year dot has been blamed for just about everything, Iīm not saying much of the time they donīt deserve it, but of course they can never please everyone. I donīt see that ever changing either. We all have to make decisions at times and they are not always the right ones. Difference being when we make a wrong decision we donīt have half the countryīs population gunning for us.
Of course they can't please everyone, but at least some politicians in the past had substance and convictions, something that has been missing in our so called leaders for a very long time. Most of them today (and I'm not talking about constituent MPs who you never hear about) appear to be in it for their own purposes, and despite their deliberately misleading rhetoric, don't give a jot about welfare of those they claim to represent.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

27-06-2016, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by graculus ->
Of course they can't please everyone, but at least some politicians in the past had substance and convictions, something that has been missing in our so called leaders for a very long time. Most of them today (and I'm not talking about constituent MPs who you never hear about) appear to be in it for their own purposes, and despite their deliberately misleading rhetoric, don't give a jot about welfare of those they claim to represent.
I think some enter politics with good intentions and ideals, but once they see easy money they lose their good intentions and ideals and go for greed and lining their own pockets. Probably a case of "if you canīt beat them, join them".
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 10:27 PM

It's horrific ! And the Tories are still busy selling off our few remaining assets while they have the chance.

The only members of the Government who are concerned about what's happening to us and our country rather than their own careers and pockets are under fire from the media, their own colleagues in the House and many of the people.

Mark my words, all that's happening will end up being laid at Corbyn's door. He and the Unions will be blamed for the whole disaster.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2016, 10:52 PM

People still don't see the bigger picture here. ALL of these events are a planned agenda by the economic elite, the real power. All the parties are owned by them. Everything we are being fed is a distraction.

Chaos is coming and out of it, once the people have had enough, a new regime will walk in as a "white knight" to bring order, which will simply mean loss of freedoms and privacy and the end of the UK as a nation.

Ordo Ab Chao

Classic masonic strategy

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top