Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 09:25 PM

Re: I have difficulty recognising faces!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I would never drink on a weekly basis, not even in small measures. Alcohol is ghastly stuff.

Are you saying you prefer a daily basis instead, dongles?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
We will ..every day ..Ye wee flouncer..or maybe You're just 'winding Us up'

Do you want me to go and fetch her back May, I'm a bit nearer than you.
I will sit on her doorstep, or shout through her letterbox till she lets me in if you want?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
As I have got older I have more difficulty recognising faces than I used to, especially those of other women. As you can imagine this can be rather embarrassing to say the least. This morning I was in the supermarket and a woman said 'Hello', I just didn't recognise her even though she is a neighbour. I don't see her that often, but even so I should have known who she was. Of course I was most apologetic and she was nice about it! I would recognise her car though! Strangely enough although I am not an animal person, I recognise dogs better than their owners, WEIRD!!!!

Does anyone else have this problem?
I sometimes have difficulty recognising folks I knew from way back, old father time can be very cruel to some of us, old Johnny Farrell came into the local a few weeks ago, I hadn’t seen him since he was in his twenties, he retired from the New York Police Department and come back here to stay, I wasn’t looking at the same person at all, not the slightest resemblance to the charming handsome tall fella we all new as “The Elvis of Micks Bar” He was short, fat and bald and spoke like John Wayne, I have to say I did get a shock when he said who he was, or used to be. Talk about getting your comeuppances, was I glad? what do you think.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-02-2017, 10:51 PM

I am sure you are just as handsome as you were many years ago Jem.

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 10:57 PM

Oh Mups you are so kind, I wish age was as kind to us poor men, still I ain't got a beer belly and all me grey hair is me own.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top