Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 10:57 PM

Re: Shoreham Plane Crash

I still plan on going to Clacton on Thursday for their airshow, and I understand the programme will remain the same. I hope to enjoy my time there, and hope to still see the Red Arrows and the Vulcan, but I'm sure everyone will still be thinking of Saturday and all the victims. As I will certainly do so.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I still plan on going to Clacton on Thursday for their airshow, and I understand the programme will remain the same. I hope to enjoy my time there, and hope to still see the Red Arrows and the Vulcan, but I'm sure everyone will still be thinking of Saturday and all the victims. As I will certainly do so.
Take your brolly
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-08-2015, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
What is sad is people are asking for refunds on their tickets because their entertainment was cut short after the crash. That's sad and quite disturbing IMO

I agree, but find it more disgusting than disturbing.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Give one reason why Shoreham Airport should have the benefit of keeping it , more so for the following day?
I agree Duke, the airport would have paid a heavy insurance for the event, it had to be cancelled because of the rescue going on and the fact roads were closed to stop folks getting there.
Chris Evans didn't stop Carfest when a plane crashed there a couple of weeks ago.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 08:45 AM

I will agree that people should get a refund fo the Sunday show as it was cancelled.
I don't know how much of the show was presented before the crash.
The Vulcan did its presentation after the accident, even if it was just a fly past.
There are some sadistic people on this planet. That go to these shows and other 'dangerous' sports just to hope to see an accident.
Well they got their money's worth on Saturday.
Please don't knock me for that statement. But why do news programes repeat these types of tragedies, again and again?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I agree, but find it more disgusting than disturbing.
Yes but what disturbed me is people thinking of only themselves and not the bigger picture. The act is disgusting.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
There are some sadistic people on this planet. That go to these shows and other 'dangerous' sports just to hope to see an accident.
Well they got their money's worth on Saturday.
Please don't knock me for that statement. But why do news programes repeat these types of tragedies, again and again?
I agree with that Em and wonder why it is necessary for the media to keep repeating videos and photographs of any incident which must be dreadful for those with missing family.

It's the same with accidents on the motorway and people slowing down to look at the plight of others .
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 09:01 AM

Sadly life goes on Julie, anyway it was the chaps birthday that can't be cancelled till tomorrow.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree with that Em and wonder why it is necessary for the media to keep repeating videos and photographs of any incident which must be dreadful for those with missing family.

It's the same with accidents on the motorway and people slowing down to look at the plight of others .
Yes Meg, let us all buy blank newspapers, you know it makes sense. I hate todays news full-stop, nothing but killing, ISS, Street Gangs with guns and knives, Abused Children, Greedy School Teachers, Fat Pig bent politicians, over paid footballers, last nights boring TV, bent Captains of Industry, Immigration ,over paid celebs and worst of all by far, pictures of the Royal Baby.
Emjay alone as it is your hobby, that corner where the plane crashed was the home of the model flying club while the back-ground hill is the home of the slope soarers which is more my thing.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-08-2015, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Emjay alone as it is your hobby, that corner where the plane crashed was the home of the model flying club while the back-ground hill is the home of the slope soarers which is more my thing.
I did see in one of the pictures some models. I thought it might be something to do with the show.
But a model flying club so close to an airport?
Slope soaring. Used to go to Ivanhoe beacon one time, but now I believe you have to belong to the club.
No decent hills where I live.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top