Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Re: Apple Mac

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I think you will find it is:

http://www.libreoffice.org/

That link should take you to the latest Mac version (I am not a Mac user but use the Windows version)
Thanks Bruce, it looks fine, I now have to learn how to spell and type.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2013, 11:11 AM

I bought myself the Apple DVD drive this morning!
Gradually finding my way round Apple more now, I like the wrist strap that reads your every move HP/pulse etc, then it picks it up wireless and plots it for you on your PC, a bit expensive but I think worth having.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2013, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I like the wrist strap that reads your every move HP/pulse etc, then it picks it up wireless and plots it for you on your PC, a bit expensive but I think worth having.
My partner has one and uses it all the time as he recently had a triple bypass and is trying to stay healthy. We also have Apple TV which is great. YouTube isn't just short clips - there are lots of full length movies and documentaries on it and we play them on our big TV using Apple TV, through the iPad.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

13-09-2013, 07:15 AM

Might have a look later today Jean, I am wondering about the Apple airport now as well, a big hard drive, I don't know whether it is really needed?
I have a large hard drive now, but it isn't Apple.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

13-09-2013, 01:14 PM

I have abandoned the wrist band idea, I already have the pulse system now, a watch you can download, I wouldn't gain much.
Apple don't do one, they are in with Nike on one.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2013, 01:04 AM

Can't answer that one. We have an Airport Express to enable wireless printing from the iPad.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

18-09-2013, 02:10 PM

I have had a look at the Apple extreme, and I really can't justify the expense of owning one, my printer is wireless and I have a 1TG hard drive.
The Apple store has many products and if I am daft enough, the Apple man would sell me the lot, however I trust my friends on here to come up with some honest suggestions.
I have a few quid in my pocket which is beginning to burn a hole, I would welcome any suggestions.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania

19-09-2013, 12:02 AM

As I said earlier I would recommend the Apple TV as long as you have an ipad and wi fi. Then anything you can get on your ipad you can play through your big TV and there is an endless amount on YouTube of full length movies, TV shows and documentaries, concerts etc. Whenever there is nothing of interest on TV we always find something interesting to watch.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.

19-09-2013, 08:35 AM

At £99 it is not a bad buy, but I have nowhere to put another big screen.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania

20-09-2013, 06:20 AM

Not even fixed to a wall?

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top