Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2009, 04:15 PM

Re: My cruise - by Chr1st1an

If you get stuck - just give us a shout. Or you can always upload to your profile album, go to your profile and look towards the top right to get started
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2010, 10:34 AM

-after an overnight cruise we visited Antigua where we saw Nelson's English Harbour -this was excellent and really deserved more time. Next day in Dominica- we walked around the main town Rouseau and stayed 'local. The next day was at sea -so that we could explore the ship -it has a fitness centre and a very well-stocked library. Our next isle was Aruba. Here we visited an old dutch windmill -a butterfly centre -then spent the day on a powdery-white beach -gazing out on an azure-blue sea. This was idyllic......and came a close second to Half Moon Cay.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2010, 09:38 AM

-after Aruba it was a part-transit of the Panama canal -it is a great engineering feat but its not one long narrow canal! You have a series of locks at either end of a system of lakes. It links the caribbean to the pacific but we turned in Gatun lake and came back out to port Christobal. Following that we sailed overnight to dock at Puerto Limon in Costa Rica. We went on an old restored banana train -saw some great wildlife in the rainforest [notably families of howler monkeys] -then on to a barge-style river boat -the guide pointing out much indigenous wildlife. After a visit to a banana packing plant we were bussed back to the ship -after two days at sea [passing Cuba] we docked at Key West .....
Chr1st1an
East Anglia

13-01-2010, 08:55 AM

we spent a full and a happy day wandering round Key West [we paid $29 for a GPS each to help as we looked around--[DON'T!] -just amble -its relatively walkable and the quaint old lap-board houses were a treat to see. Mags toured Hemingways house -then we met up and spent a couple of hours in the aquarium [recommend].
After another night sailing we docked back in Miami. We left the Maasdam after breakfast and were taken on a tour -partly coach and partly by riverboat. The weather was ATROCIOUS! We were supposed to have a halfhour walking tour -abandoned! It was a real eye-opener on the boat to see the 70 million-dollar properties -one having 'twin' 70ft luxury cruisers moored at the end of the garden.
Later after tea in the airport we boarded the plane and a tired but happy twosome made our way back to dear old Blighty. The End
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 10:24 AM

Thankyou for sharing your holiday with us We left the Eurodam and went straight up to Miami airport...........a rather long stay as I guess you got the early evening flight back and theres not a lot happens in Miami airport, well heres looking forward to more travels as I will do the same as Christian when I return from an Alaskan cruise on the Zaandam

Jeanette
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 12:05 PM

Looks like you timed you holiday well Chris, . . that earthquake in the Caribbean last night must've been awful.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 04:58 PM

Where's the pics C
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Where's the pics C
I suspect he's lost his camera Azz.
Chr1st1an
East Anglia

14-01-2010, 08:38 PM

OK the pics are uploaded in the laptop under My Pictures-so what now!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Naughty Chr1st1an! See post #50 (previous page)

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top