Join for free
Page 6 of 19 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 04:23 PM

Re: Laboratory Experiments

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
No I am not I was suggesting voluntary compliance with the testers not forcing anyone. Although it's interesting you seem to see forcing animals as fine and they have done nothing wrong other than been born.
Well I doubt they would comply, why would they, unless of course there was some kind of incentive. In which case the incentive should be given to the poor and the students. Yes I am in favour of animal experimentation but not animal cruelty, in my opinion there is a difference but of course other opinions differ.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 04:28 PM

I always remain optimistic that the inherent good in people even people who have done heinous things might come to the for, when they want to seek forgiveness for their crimes this would bring forward those people.

I also think if they haven't found the answers torturing animals so far they never will so time to move on and use tissue cultures etc and leave the animals alone.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 04:32 PM

I agree. I hope there comes a time when animals are no longer needed to help scientific medicine. No one wants a creature to suffer unnecessarily.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I agree. I hope there comes a time when animals are no longer needed to help scientific medicine. No one wants a creature to suffer unnecessarily.
That time is already here !
mesco m
manchester

30-01-2014, 11:31 PM

Obviously not as animals are still being used in experiments.

I have made my thoughts plain on this thread. I have no more to add.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2014, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
That time is already here !
Unfortunately not quite.
Alternatives are being used already where there are any.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That remark is unnecessary, childish and insulting to people who do not happen to agree with you.
Rubbish. It is not insulting to people who disagree with me it is insulting to the half wits who come up with half baked arguments which are either so patently untrue as to be farcical or want to treat people in more barbaric ways than we treat mice. These are people allowed to vote, bring up children, use the telephone?

I have no objection to people disagreeing with me. Indeed I agree with those who object to testing things like cosmetics on animals.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 09:00 AM

What has been said that is patently untrue, you are accusing your opposition of serious stuff I hope you can back it up.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 10:31 AM

How many of you would be prepared to go into a clinical trials programmes for an unknown, untried drug on humans, many a student is doing this for money.
Look, I am an animal lover and hate to see animals hurt in anyway, however some limited experiments have to go on, I remember the six students who nearly lost their lives some time back and they are probably still suffering years later.
Practice on others but not me I hear people say, of course we can't, it would not be acceptable, that is what Hitler was doing.
Only last year I was asked by a drugs company to undergo some clinical trials, because I had the complaint that the drug was for, my name was given to the company by someone in the NHS, I categorically refused after accepting and then bottling it, and there was no payment involved.
Put yourself in my shoes, would you be willing to possibly lose your life for mankind.
I don't think so!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

31-01-2014, 10:46 AM

I would be happy to and did twice when I was in my late teens. I also had experimental drug when I had my second bout of breast cancer.

So I would be quite happy to do so again.

Page 6 of 19 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top