Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 12:20 PM

Re: Pipe Smoking

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I am a heavy cigarette smoker and smoke 2-3 cigars per day also, but have never smoked a pipe!!! I have always wanted to but never did. Perhaps I will one of these days.

George matey - if you ever get round to pipe smoking - try CLAN - (I think made in holland) but comes in a tartan plastic wallet.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
George matey - if you ever get round to pipe smoking - try CLAN - (I think made in holland) but comes in a tartan plastic wallet.
Clan is a good tobacco Geoff, I used to smoke "Mick Mc Quaid" ready rubbed made by Carrolls of Dundalk, but they are no more, I also liked Bells Glasgow made "Three Nuns" but I don't remember if the Three Nuns came ready rubbed. Now now.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 03:30 AM

I gave up smoking my pipe 12 years ago. I used to enjoy it immensely. Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish was my prefered tobacco. Some people absolutely hated the smell of it, but quite a few non smokers commented on how nice it smelled.
When I decided to retire I had to give it up. Wouldn't have been able to pay for the habit any longer, health reasons also played a roll and I decided that I didn't want my future grandchildren see me smoking, sort of leading by bad example. Still have the old pipe though, can't get myself to throw it away.
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 03:30 AM

Pats I am wondering are you just a nurse or are you a Doctor ? ...

Sorry I went off topic there .. On other forums you would get slap on the wrist for that ...

Back to the original poster question ? Any pipe smokers here

I am not .. but I do wish to join in your topic ...
It is a very interesting topic ..
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Pats I am wondering are you just a nurse or are you a Doctor ? ...

Sorry I went off topic there .. On other forums you would get slap on the wrist for that .....
Get a slap on the wrist for being a nurse or doctor?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Pats - you do make me laugh - cant help it
sugarbug
canada
sugarbug is female  sugarbug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->

Sorry I confused you Pats ... A slap on the wrist was
for being Off topic ....not being a nurse or doctor ..

The question I had asked you before was
are you just a nurse or a doctor ?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by sugarbug ->
Sorry I confused you Pats ... A slap on the wrist was
for being Off topic ....not being a nurse or doctor ..

The question I had asked you before was
are you just a nurse or a doctor ?
I see, yes it is off topic....but your answer can be found on my profile.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I gave up smoking my pipe 12 years ago. I used to enjoy it immensely. Borkum Riff Cherry Cavendish was my prefered tobacco. Some people absolutely hated the smell of it, but quite a few non smokers commented on how nice it smelled.
When I decided to retire I had to give it up. Wouldn't have been able to pay for the habit any longer, health reasons also played a roll and I decided that I didn't want my future grandchildren see me smoking, sort of leading by bad example. Still have the old pipe though, can't get myself to throw it away.

You look very casual there Ploppy!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 07:58 PM

I think he looks very concentrated in that photo, Ploppy of the Yard working on the case of The Blood Stained Putty Knife. I have one of meself somewhere posing as detective Timothy Towell. known as T-Towel in the kitchen and Brush in the yard, he worked on that famous case "The Mystery of the Blind Spider' with the great Sexton Blake, also of the Yard. Wonder what they call the Lady detectives, Yardbirds?

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top