Join for free
Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 05:50 PM

Re: restless leg syndrome

Thank you for your kind words Alice.😭 it does appear that my cup runneth over but I keep cheerful and the best way of getting through difficulties is a good nights sleep. My doctor prescribed Ropinirole 1mg tablet. I have no idea what causes RLS but a lot of people suffer. Again thank you Alice.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I have no idea what causes RLS but a lot of people suffer.
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Restles...es/Causes.aspx
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2015, 10:26 PM

That's interesting, thanks Pats. I have wondered as sometimes if I have been on my feet a lot I seem to get RLS but also if I have been sitting around too much that can make it worse too.

I find getting into a warm bed is not ideal, it seems that cooler legs are less likely to become restless. I am obese. The medication I am taking certainly helps

Thanks again Pats.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Linden Tree ->
I also suffer from this from time to time cookiecate and have found taking a paracetamol does the trick for me. Don't know why but it works every time.
I was going to suggest a similar thing though several painkillers seem to work in the unpredictable fashion you suggested. Certainly Ibuprofen and paracetamol do for me.
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 04:53 PM

I also have the problem of restless legs, mainly when in bed. I also have a lot of numbness of my toes which may be related. My GP thinks that the problem is with nerves being damaged in the spine as I have arthritis in the spine quite badly.
I've tried various thing to help but nothing really seems to do it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by AlbertaS ->
I also have the problem of restless legs, mainly when in bed. I also have a lot of numbness of my toes which may be related. My GP thinks that the problem is with nerves being damaged in the spine as I have arthritis in the spine quite badly.
Hi Alberta, I have severe nerve damage and like you have found nothing that helps - if you 'do' find something - let me know x
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2015, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by AlbertaS ->
Alberta, I hope you too get some relief from this irritating complaint.

When you try to explain it to people who've never had it, they don't have a clue what you mean!
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
I also have idiopathic peripheral neuropathy in my feet and am taking gabapentin... .
My 93 yr old Mother has that but the nursing home hasn't suggested any medication. I have burning feet syndrome and I can't seem to find a cure for it. GP says it's a "compromised nerve at the base of the spine sending a wrong message to the brain"! Another GP at the practice prescribed tablets which helped it but gave me terrible side effects so seems I have to put up with it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jaywalker ->
My 93 yr old Mother has that but the nursing home hasn't suggested any medication. I have burning feet syndrome and I can't seem to find a cure for it. GP says it's a "compromised nerve at the base of the spine sending a wrong message to the brain"! Another GP at the practice prescribed tablets which helped it but gave me terrible side effects so seems I have to put up with it.
Jay a member of my family has burning feet syndrome and sometimes can hardly bear to have even a sheet on them in bed. Let's face it, that's when you want to relax and be comfortable
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

27-01-2015, 01:12 PM

(Jaywalker)
I know our mothers and grandmothers suffered and put up with all sorts of problems. However, we should never put up with pain and discomfort. Make an appointment with your GP ask for a longer appointment so you Don feel rushed. Tell the doctor your symptoms and how the medication caused side effects. You can't go on not sleeping properly and there are new medications available all the time and what suits one person doesn't suit another.
The fact that I sleep quite well means I can manage the problems of the day.
Best wishes to you. I hope you can get some relief.

Page 6 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top