Join for free
Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 01:51 PM

Re: Sharia for uk ??

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Most of the animal welfare people I know are as opposed to kosher slaughter as they are to halal slaughter.

The big difference between Beth Din and Sharia is that whereas orthodox jews are only interested in controlling their own pretty small but devout community, some of the extremist muslims want to rule the whole world through Sharia. In this form of extreme Islamism, there is no distinction between religion and politics/culture/social behaviour. All human activity (in their opinion) should be ruled by their particularly screwed up form of religion. The Daesha (ISIL) 'Caliphate' is the personification of this view.
I agree but as you say it's extremists and I never think religion (any denomination) should be really mixed up with the state.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2014, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->

I think your first comment - "Do you actually read ....etc etc" is accidentally ironic as you have obviously not read the article in question - simply skimmed it in the hopes of finding an obvious mistake. Let me explain.....

Even so, these statistics are irrelevant to my main point (as you would have seen if you had read the article in full) as they were not killed by fellow muslims.
The fact remains that it is estimated that:
The whole point I was trying to make is that the article you quoted is not about Muslim killing Muslims and actually offers no evidence of your claim whatsoever other than its headline.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 07:05 AM

I agree. And it would then be the will of the people, simple democracy working at its finest.

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I believe that Islam will eventually dominate the whole world as out of all the religions they have the best brainwashing techniques, and their birthrate will continue to grow exponentially until they outpopulate all other faiths anyway. Just a question of simple mathematics really...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
I agree. And it would then be the will of the people, simple democracy working at its finest.
I don't really think there's anything democratic about Islam do you, it's just tyranny by another name.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:25 AM

I don't really think there's anything democratic about Islam do you, it's just tyranny by another name.
The extremists are tyrannical yes the normal everyday Muslims are quite happy if you join them or if you don't. Really not all Muslims are the same.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The extremists are tyrannical yes the normal everyday Muslims are quite happy if you join them or if you don't. Really not all Muslims are the same.
Quite Julie and as someone on the radio said the other day many people including some of the the media seem to class peace loving 'muslims' along with islamic fundamentalists and jihadists and fail to make a distinction between them.

It is only a few years ago that we were fighting a terrorist threat from the IRA and its various breakaway factions and hundreds in this country were killed or injured by them. At the time we did not class all Roman Catholics around the world or irish people as a threat because many of them happened to share the same faith as the terrorists .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 09:41 AM

All religions are tyrannies Julie, it's all about power over the many by the few, however subtle or not it may be.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-09-2014, 09:43 AM

All religions are tyrannies Julie, it's all about power over the many by the few, however subtle or not it may be.
You are entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

27-09-2014, 09:45 AM

You are entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
In your opinion.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

27-09-2014, 09:48 AM

In your opinion.
Well as my religion collects no money I think I can say you are wrong. Not all religions are the same some take everything some take nothing and give all.

Page 6 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top