Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 12:47 AM

Re: Missing Cats. Epidemic?

Well i just briefly logged on to Facebook and the first thing I saw - another missing dog! I'm getting fed up of it. As an animal lover I find it heart breaking. If I had a pet, I'd never let it out my sight these days.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 08:43 AM

I agree Alice76 it seems to me cats aren't safe in urban or rural environments anymore. If I had one again it would definitely be a house cat or possibly allowed out under close supervision. My heart goes out to anyone whose pet "just disappears" like that, awful.

I too have seen all the dogs that are reported as lost on my facebook page, there is always a surge in numbers that get lost at this time of year because of the fireworks but also the darker evenings.

My dog is under extremely close supervision all the time - he most definitely would not be off lead in the dark and walked earlier in the day at this time of year.

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Well i just briefly logged on to Facebook and the first thing I saw - another missing dog! I'm getting fed up of it. As an animal lover I find it heart breaking. If I had a pet, I'd never let it out my sight these days.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2014, 10:17 AM

Yes I rarely let mine off lead, it's sad but cannot trust anyone it seems. Anyone follow that chap who lost his dog on the mountain- went up everyday and searched for him and someone finally found him bleeding but OK 5 days after he was lost !
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Personally I prefer animals to humans they are much more reliable and trustworthy and for those of us who live alone like me animals are very good company.
I can think of a number of humans I would put down in preference to animals
For once I agree with you Meg..
Marki
East Midlands -UK
Marki is male  Marki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 05:43 PM

Unbelievable! We suddenly have a misery Cat Shaver in our area. Cats are coming home with patches of shaven fur. What on earth would someone do something like that for? What a crazy world we live in..... !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2014, 06:31 PM

That's weird Marki. I'm wondering if they needed to shave a patch so they could do something to the skin, like injecting with something harmful for example.
I know normal people don't have to shave before injecting, but this isn't 'normal' is it.
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 10:39 AM

No mention here about the missing wild birds due to the cruelty inflicted on them by domestic cats. Strange how we can be so protective of one species against another....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->
No mention here about the missing wild birds due to the cruelty inflicted on them by domestic cats. Strange how we can be so protective of one species against another....
And what do you suppose >this message< was about then?

Do try to keep up.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2014, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2wheeler ->

I think there are two entirely different problems though Pete.

Unfortunately, cats are natural predators of our birds, and I personally hate to see this, but the birds do not belong to us. It is the natural behaviour of predators to hunt.
This is not the same thing as a human being stealing a family pet to torture or kill it. These are not feral cats that are missing, they are people's pets.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top