Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 08:17 PM

Re: My Water Leak and the Insurance Companies.

We were lucky. When we had a water leak (in the loft) a couple of years ago we claimed on our LV policy. They sent a loss adjuster who was excellent - no problems, claimed for TV & boxes, furniture, carpets and re-decoration. They also allowed us to choose our own tradesmen, who did a fantastic job.

Yes, I'd definitely recommend LV.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We were lucky. When we had a water leak (in the loft) a couple of years ago we claimed on our LV policy. They sent a loss adjuster who was excellent - no problems, claimed for TV & boxes, furniture, carpets and re-decoration. They also allowed us to choose our own tradesmen, who did a fantastic job.

Yes, I'd definitely recommend LV.
That's how they(some)used to do it.
By giving the claimant the decision on who the contractor would be took away any responsibility from the insurance company if work was not up to standard.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2016, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
That's how they(some)used to do it.
By giving the claimant the decision on who the contractor would be took away any responsibility from the insurance company if work was not up to standard.
Yes, I'm surprised more don't do it.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 04:39 PM

Hi

An update.

They arrived again this morning, allegedly to fix the problems.

New worktop and plinth and end panels fitted to the vanity unit and wash basin refitted.

Shower door and frame removed, tile removed and attempted to be replaced, unfortunately cut wrong again, so not finished and shower still unusable.

Tiling to bath surround still not fixed and they had not ordered any more tiles.

I refused to get any more myself because they have still not paid me for the ones I ordered in May.

It is a good job that I have a sense of humour or else I would have erupted by now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-08-2016, 07:11 PM

Mental note: don't insure with Sainsbury's or Lloyds.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 07:20 PM

I can hardly bear to read it now Gibbs , I would be having a breakdown by now...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

04-08-2016, 07:30 PM

It occurs to me that there are TV documentaries about this sort of thing from time to time.

I'd be hot on the line to the TV companies offering my experiences. You could let slip to the insurers too! I bet things would go into overdrive.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top