Join for free
Page 6 of 26 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 07:32 PM

Re: Racism

It was meant in jest but apologise if offended.

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Oh dear.. where did that come from?

Your post didn't rattle my cage at all . It was an observation querying why you dragged in Muslims and Islam.

As to your other remark ..
if there isn't an argument on here you're not happy are you and start whining that it's all gone quiet because you've no one to throw your weight against.

Now that was uncalled for.
It has gone quiet .. which I started a thread about but it was not me who started this contentious thread .. nor me that has rather rapidly descended to personal insults. Unlike you.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 07:41 PM

Home of 2 great and famous Battalions.

Black Watch
and
Scotchgard.

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 07:46 PM

Nothing to do with ~Island races but I remember `no blacks no Irish and let`s get pissed and go Paki bashing` And that was just Bedford. Famed for Ities btw
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
It was meant in jest but apologise if offended.
Then likewise from me.
On the other hand .. if I got the wrong end of the stick no apology is needed.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:18 PM

Wow! can I come out from behind the sofa now?

I'm surprised actually that this thread has reached the pages it has and not been pulled.

To start with, there's been an accusation against a poster being racist and then naming that poster. which correct me if I'm wrong, is against the rules of the forum

If I am correct.....If the accused poster in question has been racist and you have properly reported it to the mods, surely they are the ones who should deal with it and their decision respected.

I think it's wrong to then start a personal witch-hunt against another member, with others joining in and turning the post into a "them and us" saga. Thank god there are no "Well Said" buttons on this site, otherwise we would no doubt have ended up with a war of words between both factions.

Sorry to have to say this May but in my opinion whether the poster likes Scottish people or not, that certainly does not make him a racist! that word is used too often to describe someone who is perhaps more guilty of sometimes being indiscreet or again sometimes sharp in what he says. Surely it is better to discuss it with him rather than all the personal name calling.

For goodness sake, I don't like France! I don't particularly like the French either, I think they are in the main, greedy, arrogant and completely ungrateful to the British for having saved their arses in the 2nd World War, but that still doesn't make me a racist in my eyes. Just entitled in a democracy to have the freedom to state same.
If I turned round and said "The French all stink of onions"or "The French should be annihilated" that to me would rank as racism.I'm sure the poster has not made that form of statement to be accused of racism.
Simply stating that he doesn't like Scotland or the Scottish,
so what! come on May, from your many posts I know you have broad shoulders, surely it's better to discuss than come out with the usual cries of Racism!

During the General Election and being a UKip supporter, many a time I was called a Little Englander, I had my say back at em, but never resorted to name calling. Uncalled for and last refuge of a losing argument.

Peace May xx
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:25 PM

Act 2, Scene 1 Action!!

l'm Irish and blonde, so you can say what you like about me, l don't care! It's a shame some people are so thin skinned!
It was out of order to name one member in this thread, who is entitled to his views.

The Scottish people should learn to realise that people are talking generally, not about you personally!
None of us are obliged to like everyone!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:30 PM

Odd place France-that excludes Paris-that`s weird but lovely in it`s own right. Great food, great wine and nice people But only if you just happen to have a wife who speaks fluent French and also knows how to smile at those who use `swear words` I know exactly what you are saying-just go away.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

15-09-2016, 08:33 PM

Blonde and Irish? And she still has a brain. You know I jest
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:44 PM

Irish mongrel here too with Art. We've heard all the thick Irish jokes, most of them hilarious!!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2016, 08:45 PM

Ok,...fair dos....I'll turn it around..I dislike all IRISH/ENGLISH People.They're all beer swilling foul mouthed nationalists...If You don't consider that to be racist..fine with Me...happy now?..good.

Page 6 of 26 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top