Join for free
Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 07:34 PM

Re: 2 possible ops

Thanks again Art and Rhian.

Not quite sure what to make of this yet. I have a feeling she is in a bit of pain but I cannot give her any more pain relief until tomorrow.

They have glued her tummy instead of stitching.
Obviously there are internal stitches, but no external ones.
When Nellie was spayed about 12 months ago, she was stitched, so this is the first time I have seen glueing.

I shall have to just be vigilant and see how she goes. I know my vet is only at the other end of the phone.
I will sleep with her tonight so I can hear everything she does.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 07:46 PM

Good news Gertie is home Mups
I guess you have a long night before you....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good news Gertie is home Mups
I guess you have a long night before you....

Have you come across the glueing technique Meg?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Have you come across the glueing technique Meg?
Hi Mups not on any of mine ..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-06-2017, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Mups not on any of mine ..

No, me neither. It is a new idea apparently. They said stitches can get uncomfortable and scratchy after a time but this glue stuff doesn't. Plus they there are no external stitches to have removed after the 10 days.

I do agree that stitches can get tight and uncomfortable as they heal sometimes. I'll talk to him about it when she goes back for a check up in 10 days, and find out more.
I must say it looks a very neat wound and no inflammation or oozing whatsoever at the moment.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 12:22 AM

The glue technique was used on ChoCho Mups. It isn't new here, ChoCho will be 10 years old tomorrow, well today now, and she was spayed at 6 months old. Just one internal stitch we were told, it was all very neat and apart from a little patch where she had been shaved, you would never have known she'd had anything done. I hope Gertie will be just fine too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-07-2017, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
The glue technique was used on ChoCho Mups. It isn't new here, ChoCho will be 10 years old tomorrow, well today now, and she was spayed at 6 months old. Just one internal stitch we were told, it was all very neat and apart from a little patch where she had been shaved, you would never have known she'd had anything done. I hope Gertie will be just fine too.

That's interesting clumsy. My vets have never used it until recently. Nellie was spayed only about a year ago and she was stitched, so I was really surprised at Gertie's tummy today.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 12:44 AM

That's interesting clumsy. My vets have never used it until recently. Nellie was spayed only about a year ago and she was stitched, so I was really surprised at Gertie's tummy today.
It's quite amazing isn't it? No bruising, no visible wound, no visible stitches. It must be better for the dog, more comfortable no doubt and quicker recovery time. The medical service for pets here is every bit as good as the medical service for humans and surprising though it may be to some people, Spain are world leaders in many things medical.

I hope you find little Gertie bouncing around as usual tomorrow.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-07-2017, 12:46 AM

Thanks clumsy. G'night. x
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

01-07-2017, 01:01 AM

Thanks clumsy. G'night. x
Goodnight Mups. I should be in bed too, but the Russians at the back of us have some very noisy visitors, and I mean noisy. Mr Clumsy has already shouted at them to keep the noise down, my turn next.

Page 6 of 15 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top