Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 03:48 PM

Re: Why This Napoleon Should Be Cut Down To Size!

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The only means of directly entering france is from the mediterranean. As you will recal france prevented a refugee ship from harbouring in marseille recently. In the end it was spain that offered entrance on humanitarian grounds.
Leaving france (or more rently the netherlands) to join the british population is no problem for the EU. Not being a schengen member, the UK can stop (now and after brexit) illegal immigration. It is and will remain solely a UK problem.
After brexit the UKbwill lose acces to the Schengen Information System. So on security france and the UK will be equally well organised.

As to immigration, refugees with a short-time visa admitted to the EU will be free to travel to EU member Ireland. Without a strict border control they enter the UK and become respected members of the british population.
With the brexit you provided the EU with a solution of the imigration problem.
Our internal security is superior to France. But I wasn't intending to compare the countries.

France is weak on security and immigration as a counter to its strong points on other infrastructure.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I refuse to be accused of being leftie.
Did your name receive a mention in my 'lefties' post?

The real lefties know who they are, just as the real remoaners know who they are.

JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 04:14 PM

Our internal security is superior to France. But I wasn't intending to compare the countries.

France is weak on security and immigration as a counter to its strong points on other infrastructure.
Hear, hear!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Did your name receive a mention in my 'lefties' post?

The real lefties know who they are, just as the real remoaners know who they are.

Hi

We are leaving, end of.

Name calling by either side is not productive.

The way to get this to succeed, which is in everybody's interest, is to put our differences aside to get it to work.

I will not have internal bickering allowing Juncker and Co to be laughing their heads off.

We need to win this.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-10-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We are leaving, end of.

Name calling by either side is not productive.

The way to get this to succeed, which is in everybody's interest, is to put our differences aside to get it to work.

I will not have internal bickering allowing Juncker and Co to be laughing their heads off.

We need to win this.
I suspect that true 'lefties' would regard the accusation of 'lefty' as a compliment!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Too late I'm afraid, Nicola won't let you buy alcohol after 10PM

Unless I've misunderstood a joke, are you saying that the Fish Woman has brought in a law of 10pm closing times?
Not in pubs (yet) but you can't buy alcohol in supermarkets or off-licences after 10pm or before 10am.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 05:07 PM

I suspect that true 'lefties' would regard the accusation of 'lefty' as a compliment!
Hi

Just what is wrong with being a leftie?

A sense of Social Justice is very different to being a Communist.

I am Old Fashioned Labour, I loathe Corbyn and Momentum with a vengeance.

Their way lies financial disaster.

I believe everybody who can should work and work hard to provide the money for those who genuinely cannot.

I object to comments from Bakerman about left wing Enforcement Officers.

I am a terrorists worst nightmare, I am equally as forthright about Illegal immigrants, they can sod off.

I have Naff all time for Economic Migrants, but I am sympathetic to genuine refugees.

I have to say that we have very few Genuine Refugees here in the UK.

It is in the thousands every year and many work for us.

The rest can swan off.

It is not the lefties who have decided that on the grounds of cost we have to release on bail all the economic migrants we wind instead of sending them back to France.

It was Theresa May who decided that.

Taking back Control is not to be trusted to her.

The worst case scenario is Corbyn getting in.

You will see such an exodus of Enforcement Officers.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-10-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Not in pubs (yet) but you can't buy alcohol in supermarkets or off-licences after 10pm or before 10am.
Ah, thanks. Perhaps a good idea we should adopt too.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 08:28 PM

These strong points must be tremendous, if in comparison with theirs your security is strong. I haven't heard about russians knocking off people in france. In the UK even russian tourists can come in carrying novotsocks.
If you remember in the past the american security agencies didn't want english participants in their meetings with foreign services because british services were riddled with moles. British services consult the SchengenInformationSystem hundreds of times a day. The other services use your input in the system hesitantly. English security strong! Don't make me laugh!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2018, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
These strong points must be tremendous, if in comparison with theirs your security is strong. I haven't heard about russians knocking off people in france. In the UK even russian tourists can come in carrying novotsocks.
If you remember in the past the american security agencies didn't want english participants in their meetings with foreign services because british services were riddled with moles. British services consult the SchengenInformationSystem hundreds of times a day. The other services use your input in the system hesitantly. English security strong! Don't make me laugh!
We are pretty good at detecting terror threats from Jihadis compared with France where they keep killing en masse. I guess they were not watching the Russians but they will be now. It seems we compartmentalise our terror threats along with everything else.

But I don't know if you are Dutch, if so my experience of the Dutch approach is to kill everything with detail (just a personal view). In the Uk we have limited resources due to Tory policies so detail is not a strong point and the focus is led by firefighting these days!

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top