Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 08:36 PM

Re: Another one of my weird little stories

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I suppose because l have never seen a ghost, l can’t believe in them but that doesn’t mean l disbelieve any one that has.

Longy, l think l would be scared to go to bed in your house if l had seen the woman.

Have you considered doing a seance with a glass on the table and asking... ‘ls anyone there?’

Oooo No. That would freak me out. I am a bit scared of 'ghosts' but there was nothing scary about it if you know what I mean. Much scarier talking about it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 09:16 PM

I like to stay open minded...I have never seen a ghost...but I have seen an aura around a man once...I know what I saw...to this day....it was beautiful...but it did scare me...in fact I froze on the spot...someone had to lead me to a chair ,to sit down in....that was about 25 roughly,yrs ago,that happened...never seen anything since.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I like to stay open minded...I have never seen a ghost...but I have seen an aura around a man once...I know what I saw...to this day....it was beautiful...but it did scare me...in fact I froze on the spot...someone had to lead me to a chair ,to sit down in....that was about 25 roughly,yrs ago,that happened...never seen anything since.
Very strange. I know some people can see auras ( I can't) but why just the once?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:22 PM

One can only dream about things that one has experienced/seen. The trouble is that you might have observed something at some stage of your life but not made an overt mental note of it as important. You might also be able to mix up memories to create new visions/scenarios in which different "things" inter-react in a bit of a strange way to appear as different visualisations. Your brain has, for reasons unknown, decided that this was the time to try and decipher and rationalise things as part of an innate defence/survival mechanism.

As an example of "remembering" things you don't recall making an overt mental note of, how many of you have found yourself in the position of weirdly recalling some minor event shortly after the loss of a loved one such as a parent? I know I have!
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:29 PM

A friend of mine had...

Ignore this please.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Very strange. I know some people can see auras ( I can't) but why just the once?
With respect, this is relatively trivial

We all have our areas of interest, which leads us to view the world in our own individual way. Thus, for me as a mathematically minded sort of chap, I "see" mathematics in a different way to other people. No better, no worse, just different. This will obviously affect the way in which I see the world.

In the case of "auras", this is down to the way that they view the world and the people around them. They create images involving what they see and superimpose them onto other layers of their experience.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:36 PM

Aura is only 'energy.'
Some people see it, others 'feel it,' others don't do either.
Everything living thing, from a simple leaf, to a human being or animal has it's own energy field - it would be dead otherwise.

I have personal proof of my aura, plus one of my dog's, as I said a long while ago on here.
This energy can easily be photographed with Kirlian camera.

https://www.lightstalking.com/what-i...myth-revealed/
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2019, 11:37 PM

Oooo No. That would freak me out. I am a bit scared of 'ghosts' but there was nothing scary about it if you know what I mean. Much scarier talking about it.

No. Don't mess with that, dongle - seriously.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-12-2019, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
One can only dream about things that one has experienced/seen. The trouble is that you might have observed something at some stage of your life but not made an overt mental note of it as important. You might also be able to mix up memories to create new visions/scenarios in which different "things" inter-react in a bit of a strange way to appear as different visualisations. Your brain has, for reasons unknown, decided that this was the time to try and decipher and rationalise things as part of an innate defence/survival mechanism.

As an example of "remembering" things you don't recall making an overt mental note of, how many of you have found yourself in the position of weirdly recalling some minor event shortly after the loss of a loved one such as a parent? I know I have!

Dex, why do you think that? (The hi-lighted bit).

While I think it true we do dream about an experience, it doesn't explain why some people 'dream' about the future and not the past.
For example, premonitions.

You cannot say a premonition is something we have already experienced.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

13-12-2019, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Dex, why do you think that? (The hi-lighted bit).

While I think it true we do dream about an experience, it doesn't explain why some people 'dream' about the future and not the past.
For example, premonitions.

You cannot say a premonition is something we have already experienced.
Two simple answers:

1/. It's a fluke, which we match up with our own previous experience and claim/believe that it's something other than this since our internal model fits this, and vice versa.
2/. Our own subsequent actions lead us into the situation in which there is a greater chance of the event happening. Indeed, we may even have an effect on the outcome.

If you add in the somewhat hazy concept of personal "perception", then you can convince yourself quite easily.

After all, illusionists, magicians (and for the benefit of those with a religious bent), soothsayers/prophets all rely on this.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top