Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 05:43 PM

Re: Huge Investment from Abu Dhabi

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
I think most people would concur that the disruption will subside but does the highlighted section of your post above apply to statement that the “CFOs continue to think Brexit will negatively impact the UK business environment in the long term.” Or are you just cherry picking

That's very old news from project fear. Last survey I saw had big businesses ranking Brexit 9th in terms of risk.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Please show me where your article refers to abu dabi?
You first as is the gentlemanly way; so after you show us why from 16 posts from you in this thread only one has anything whatsoever to do with Abu Dhabi?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
You first as is the gentlemanly way; so after you show us why from 16 posts from you in this thread only one has anything whatsoever to do with Abu Dhabi?
Easy to explain. Some wiseacre pointed out to bread that it was old news and wiseacre had pisted on ut weeks ago. I referred bread to some current developments. Wiseacre couldn't stand being pointed to his slipper.
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
That's very old news from project fear. Last survey I saw had big businesses ranking Brexit 9th in terms of risk.
That’s a direct quote from Zaphod which was originally in his post #42 where he stated:

Deloitte’s latest CFO Survey has reported a record level of business optimism amongst the UK’s finance leaders. with CFOs anticipate a strong recovery in profits over the next twelve months.”

So is it very old news as you state or Deloitte’s latest survey as stated by Zaphod. Which one of you is lying?

All major contractors see COVID-19 and Brexit as major risks and their provision requirements are such that I have had to include special provision within contracts as it’s cheaper for the client to underwrite them
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 10:34 AM

That’s a direct quote from Zaphod which was originally in his post #42 where he stated:

Deloitte’s latest CFO Survey has reported a record level of business optimism amongst the UK’s finance leaders. with CFOs anticipate a strong recovery in profits over the next twelve months.”

So is it very old news as you state or Deloitte’s latest survey as stated by Zaphod. Which one of you is lying?

All major contractors see COVID-19 and Brexit as major risks and their provision requirements are such that I have had to include special provision within contracts as it’s cheaper for the client to underwrite them
Deloitte's survey is from a few days ago bud, so draw your own opinions ....... but remember as you do so that I posted Deloitte's findings but I am not Deloitte.
The survey is theirs.
If you're not keen on the contents, tough.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 05:38 PM

Deloitte's survey is from a few days ago bud, so draw your own opinions ....... but remember as you do so that I posted Deloitte's findings but I am not Deloitte.
The survey is theirs.
According to deloitte: (it's a quote from your link zappy)

Conducted between the 17th and 30th March 2021, Deloitte’s latest quarterly CFO Survey captured sentiment amongst the UK’s largest businesses at the height of the third lockdown.
Deloitte’s research comes as the UK further eases lockdown restrictions, enabled by the initial success of its mass vaccination programme. Progress in tackling the pandemic is reflected in a sharp decline in the number of CFOs rating external financial and economic uncertainty as high or very high (Q1 2021: 46% versus Q4 2020 71%).
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 07:28 AM

The survey is theirs.
I already had. I was giving Bread the opportunity to ratract his statement, the post was nothing to do with the content
Zaphod
Lincs UK

18-04-2021, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
According to deloitte: (it's a quote from your link zappy)
Poor Solly.

You do know that you cannot produce statistics before you've done something, don't you?

You're not going to get data from later than the end of March this very year when we are only just into April you know.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 11:25 AM

I don't read zaphods post but like most news it is all in the public domain. There are another 8 risks more serious than brexit before we even get to covid.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

18-04-2021, 11:26 AM

I already had. I was giving Bread the opportunity to ratract his statement, the post was nothing to do with the content

I'm not retracting anything because you say so.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top