Join for free
Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 05:39 PM

Re: A Teapot of Memories

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
It’s a lovely story...but, it could be another one of Harbals, fictitious characters...

So, she can be or do, what ever he wants her to....including soaking her teeth in bleach in a teapot.

Even steredent tabs...were around in those days..
What? It's all fantastical fictional fibs?

I thought it was true .... there's nowt weirder than folk ... as my grandma regularly offered around a box of Brazil nuts to guests, even though the lid actually said .... Brazils Coated in chocolate. Yes, you've guessed. Her dentures couldn't handle the nuts so she just sucked the chocolate off.

And then there was my step-dad.
Many a time whilst chatting on the phone to me I'd hear a fire alarm go off in the background and say ... You've put your bacon rashers in the toaster again haven't you. Go rescue them before they burn.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup ->
I shudder to think what you must have went through drinking your cuppas then,
I shuddered as I drank it, Teacup. We couldn't not drink it without saying why, which we didn't have the heart to do. We somehow managed to empty our cups without betraying our inner turmoil, and my mother went home totally unaware of her crime, and the magnitude of it.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I thought it was true ....
Relax, Morticia, it is true (this time).
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

23-06-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I shuddered as I drank it, Teacup. We couldn't not drink it without saying why, which we didn't have the heart to do. We somehow managed to empty our cups without betraying our inner turmoil, and my mother went home totally unaware of her crime, and the magnitude of it.
I'd have tipped mine over, or made an excuse it's cold now.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-06-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Teacup ->
I'd have tipped mine over, or made an excuse it's cold now.
We couldn't have both "accidentally" tipped over our tea; that would have stretched the credulity of even my mother too far.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I thought it was true .... there's nowt weirder than folk ... as my grandma regularly offered around a box of Brazil nuts to guests, even though the lid actually said .... Brazils Coated in chocolate. Yes, you've guessed. Her dentures couldn't handle the nuts so she just sucked the chocolate off.

And then there was my step-dad.
Many a time whilst chatting on the phone to me I'd hear a fire alarm go off in the background and say ... You've put your bacon rashers in the toaster again haven't you. Go rescue them before they burn.

....talking of false teeth....very early one morning last week whilst taking my jack out for his morning emptying...

I heard a loud knock on a window it was my neighbour,Rita...she was beckoning me to come over, which I did, she was quite distraught.....Pauline, she said, I’ve dropped my false bottom teeth, they have gone under the bed, I have tried to get them out with a stick, if I bend down I won’t be able to get back up she said.

So in i go, on my knees with a torch and stick, looking for these bottom set of false teeth...it was so funny, hardly any room in the bedroom, rear in the air which she kept smacking...I located them, under a mound of dust, I managed to steer them out from under, the bed,they were covered in dust...I handed them to her, I was expecting her to rinse them under the tap....she put them straight into her mouth.....I think she was so relieved to be reunited with them..she’s very elderly..that was a totally unexpected good deed for the start of my day...

You couldn’t make it up...so funny...we still giggle about it...
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-06-2021, 06:54 PM

....talking of false teeth....very early one morning last week whilst taking my jack out for his morning emptying...

I heard a loud knock on a window it was my neighbour,Rita...she was beckoning me to come over, which I did, she was quite distraught.....Pauline, she said, I’ve dropped my false bottom teeth, they have gone under the bed, I have tried to get them out with a stick, if I bend down I won’t be able to get back up she said.

So in i go, on my knees with a torch and stick, looking for these bottom set of false teeth...it was so funny, hardly any room in the bedroom, rear in the air which she kept smacking...I located them, under a mound of dust, I managed to steer them out from under, the bed,they were covered in dust...I handed them to her, I was expecting her to rinse them under the tap....she put them straight into her mouth.....I think she was so relieved to be reunited with them..she’s very elderly..that was a totally unexpected good deed for the start of my day...

That is a perfect anecdote for this thread, pauline.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 06:56 PM

Very funny yet worrying at the same time.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:18 PM

I want to know why the woman kept smacking Pauline's backside, but I daren't ask....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I want to know why the woman kept smacking Pauline's backside, but I daren't ask....

I had my jogging bottoms on...and it was way up in the air, looking for these darn teeth....Rita, is a very loving lady, just joking I believe making fun of the situation, so she thought she’d involve my rear, maybe to lighten her embarrassment...

I mean...who would ask a neighbour if they could come in and help her find their false teeth...she had more courage to ask than me.

I would have rang my son...certainly not a neighbour....who may broadcast it throughout the neighbourhood...

Did you know Pauline has false teeth...

Page 6 of 18 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top