Join for free
Page 61 of 79 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2011, 12:11 AM

Re: What do you remember???

Donkey stones! Who remembers those? You got them off the rag and bone man and cleaned your step with it to whiten them.

We had a shop back in the 50s and the stone step was only about an inch up from the pavement, being a solid slab of stone. Mum would donkey that door-step every day, and woe-betide anybody that stood on it leaving a mucky shoe print!

I knew I was a big girl when she let me do it, after watching her a few times, when I was about six years old.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
What about the Corona man delivering the lemonade to your door ...... mum used to leave a note asking for "1 red, 1 white and 1 orange please"....
Originally Posted by moetmum ->
I remember when we used to take back the bottles for the deposit on them, 3d if I remember correctly, we were recycling way back then, they probably were sterilised and re-used, these days they would melt them down!
Talk about a trip down memory lane, reading these brings back so many memories I remember the Corona man and returning the bottles to get the 3d back and we used to buy sweets with it
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Talk about a trip down memory lane, reading these brings back so many memories I remember the Corona man and returning the bottles to get the 3d back and we used to buy sweets with it
Yes I too remember the Corona man - I used to like their Cider!!!
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 08:19 AM

Perhaps a little off track.
I am 66 now, but when I was a teenager, I worked in a camera and photographic shop, right on Trafalgar Square in central London. For lunch, I used to sometimes go around the corner to a pub that did nice home cooked grub.
One day, a gorgeous new young barmaid turned up. Apparently she was an up and coming actress 'in-between jobs' at the time. Though she had recently also made a record.
She was very pleasant and chatty and I really fancied her. But she only stayed a couple of weeks.
I was amazed to find this picture of her, on line, working in that very pub, and just look at those prices behind her.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 08:27 AM

Used to like her in "are you being Served" matey.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 01:43 PM

Aah Wendy Richards, you can tell straightaway can't you. A lovely pic Brilliant actress and sadly missed.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 01:57 PM

I knew who it was as soon as I saw her .... a very distinctive face.

What a small world, Michael!
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2011, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes I too remember the Corona man - I used to like their Cider!!!
Didn't know they did Cider as well
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 12:09 PM

It was a fizzy apple drink which tasted like cider I think. I remember getting drunk on 'Olde English Cider' which was delivered in Quart bottles. It tasted just like the fizzy stuff but the headaches after were a little different. You also got 6d back on those large green bottles.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2011, 03:19 PM

Was the Corona one called Appleade?

Page 61 of 79 « First < 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top