Join for free
Page 64 of 1010 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 564 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 06:09 PM

Re: What are you having for lunch/dinner?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh Plantman matey, what's wrong with both??? - good ol' fashioned 'English' breakfast, Eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding, mushrooms, baked beans and toast for breakfast and Fish 'n chips & mushy peas for lunch, not forgetting the pickled onions on the side, and steamed syrup pudding and custard for seconds.

Then around 5.00pmish chunk of cold bread pudding and more custard washed down with a mug of hot black coffee topped up with a tot of brandy.
I could and would have once upon a time Joe, but that's a weeks rations for me now.....
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 07:24 PM

Thanks Uncle Joe but no, I don't eat puddings either, except on the rarest of occasions. I don't have a sweet tooth.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2011, 07:30 PM

I went into Aldi today and they had two large corn on the cob for 89p I popped them into the microwave for 7 minutes and they were gorgeous. I had corn with chicken, tomatoe and onion salad with steamed potatoes.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I could and would have once upon a time Joe, but that's a weeks rations for me now.....
Some of us still have a very healthy appetite
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 10:13 AM

I know what you mean plantman, the days of over indulgence have have taken there toll. Suddenly I am getting the problems of an obese woman including 'women's problems' arthritis, high blood pressure, 'more women's problems' the list actually is a bit scary. Now I am actually enjoying my food reading the ingredients particularly the amount of fat, sugar and salt. I have been gob smacked at the amount of hidden fats and sugars dressed as other things in all kinds of food.

OK sometimes it tastes like I am eating the cardboard box that the biscuits came in but I am losing weight at last.

Today I will hardboil some eggs and have an old fashioned salad like muvver used to make. (except there will be no slugs in the lettuce)
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 10:56 AM

Lunch today; home made bread roll with a banana

Later for dinner; roast Welsh lamb with garlic/ rosemary/beans from my garden and various other veg. I am really looking forward to it but need to do some work to earn it first .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Lunch today; home made bread roll with a banana

Later for dinner; roast Welsh lamb with garlic/ rosemary/beans from my garden and various other veg. I am really looking forward to it but need to do some work to earn it first .
Meg darlin' - sit back in chair, put feet up on stool. Raise left leg once and return to stool, raise right leg once and return to stool. You can now honestly say you've done enough work to 'earn' your dinner.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 12:15 PM

Meg darlin' - sit back in chair, put feet up on stool. Raise left leg once and return to stool, raise right leg once and return to stool. You can now honestly say you've done enough work to 'earn' your dinner.
If it were only that easy, Uncle Joe!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 12:30 PM

Uncle Joe I have just washed a carpet with a scrubbing brush on my hands and knees, later I will walk the dog for an hour and do the ironing , then when I have done these things I will have earned my dinner
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

15-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Meg darlin' - with my metal knees, kneeling anywhere is an absolute no,no. Don't have dog, or indeed any pet, since firstly forbidden in my tenancy agreement, secondly I'm chronically asthmatic. Therefore walking is also strictly limited from lounge to kitchen and back when my stomach tells me my throat's been cut

Page 64 of 1010 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 564 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top