Join for free
Page 64 of 190 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 12:00 PM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Hi Bob - try running backwards that uses the muscles in different ways - just get some wing mirrors too!!

There was a young runner called Robert
Who thought he could run like a Hobbit
But as he waddled along his leg lost their ‘strong’
And now he’s confined to his cottage?

go and see a good sports physio ya penny pinchin pensioner!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 01:20 PM

Hello Young Man,sometimes We have to listen to Our bodies telling Us 'enough is enough'...so maybe time for You to take up another hobby like erm..knitting/chess/jigsaw puzzles/ etc'......just kidding..Hope You're feeling Your old self soon..kof kof, x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 03:46 PM

Sounds painful Bob, ask Mrs Fox to give you a nice massage to help you relax

Hope you'll feel better soon...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 10:21 PM

Aw Guys, where do I start........
Twink, with all due respect, all through my running career I have suffered from this injury every now and then. I have spent hundreds of pounds visiting physio's, Doctors, Chiropractors, Osteopaths and Magicians...Well alright then, perhaps not magicians. So I have come to know this type of injury very well and how long it will take to dissipate. I am my own worst enemy and if I would just cease running it would probably be gone in a couple of months. Frustration sends me out on the road before it's properly healed and this only prolongs the injury.

I am too young to give up running just yet and I have no doubt that I will come back at some point. I have always been a bit of a loner and never had a problem finding something to occupy my time, over the last few years the forum has occupied a big part of my life. I will never be bored conversing with you and the other forum users Twink. The forum gives me a purpose in life now that I am retired and I look for things that might be interesting to write about. So if anything, it's me that bores you.....I do go on a bit.

Gumbud, the only person who has been value for money in the past was an alternative medicine practitioner who used acupuncture and massage and after just two days I had made a full recovery. I must point out though, that it was after six weeks of pain and no running so it was probably on it's way out anyway. Nice poem by the way!

May, I have got some good hobbies waiting in the wings for the inevitable, but not yet...Loads of miles in me yet......hills always look worse from the bottom.....I'll soon be on the up and looking down.......Thanks for the support....

Thanks Mags, It's not just running that has hit a rocky patch, Mrs Fox and me haven't been seeing eye to eye just lately (even before my injury) so I think if she gave me a massage it would be with a hot iron......We're not that close these days.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2016, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Twink, with all due respect, all through my running career I have suffered from this injury every now and then. I have spent hundreds of pounds visiting physio's, Doctors, Chiropractors, Osteopaths and Magicians...Well alright then, perhaps not magicians. So I have come to know this type of injury very well and how long it will take to dissipate. I am my own worst enemy and if I would just cease running it would probably be gone in a couple of months. Frustration sends me out on the road before it's properly healed and this only prolongs the injury.

I am too young to give up running just yet and I have no doubt that I will come back at some point. I have always been a bit of a loner and never had a problem finding something to occupy my time, over the last few years the forum has occupied a big part of my life. I will never be bored conversing with you and the other forum users Twink. The forum gives me a purpose in life now that I am retired and I look for things that might be interesting to write about. So if anything, it's me that bores you.....I do go on a bit.

Gumbud, the only person who has been value for money in the past was an alternative medicine practitioner who used acupuncture and massage and after just two days I had made a full recovery. I must point out though, that it was after six weeks of pain and no running so it was probably on it's way out anyway. Nice poem by the way!

May, I have got some good hobbies waiting in the wings for the inevitable, but not yet...Loads of miles in me yet......hills always look worse from the bottom.....I'll soon be on the up and looking down.......Thanks for the support....

Thanks Mags, It's not just running that has hit a rocky patch, Mrs Fox and me haven't been seeing eye to eye just lately (even before my injury) so I think if she gave me a massage it would be with a hot iron......We're not that close these days.
well OGF.me mucker,me mate, me buddy, my utmost commiserations every man needs a hobby and an understanding wife. but you do have the cure in your own hands and are just being a fool to yaself - I watch sport regularly in OZ and our sportsmen and women but mainly men are suffering injuries and being given time off by managers and coaches and under the guidance of physios - do yaself a service mate.

and while ya at it I would get a full examination of your musculater and soft tissue conditions - do you want to finish up with a zimmer frame -come on mon - break a leg!!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2016, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Ok Bob, let me say I have always been a bit if an amateur psychologist, and it sounds like your problems are coming from your head, rather than your body... so here are some harsh facts!
1) If you have suffered this injury on previous occasions and stopping running will help, then you have nobody to blame but yourself! I don't often agree with gumbud but I do on this occasion!
2) Your frustration tells me that you are bored with your life, and running is the only way to deal with it, but your posts on this forum tell me that you are an intelligent man....so use that intelligence to find a way to entertain yourself till you can get back to pounding the streets.
3) Your relationship with Mrs Fox is a personal thing, so I can't comment, but I believe that there are ways of dealing with problems if you both want to.
4) You tell us a lot about your life on Bob's Bits, and I seriously doubt that anybody who reads them is bored. It is a bit like being allowed to read somebody's diary... and believe me, we are all nosy enough to find that
interesting.

I spend a lot of time on my own, but the only thing I miss out on is having somebody to discuss important decision making with. I don't suffer fools gladly, but I will happily chat to somebody who has a useful brain, so if you get really bored and need to pass an hour or two, during the day, just send me a note (via PM) and I will let you have my Skype address.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-12-2016, 11:25 AM

Hi Bob - my only advice is beware of females living alone masquerading as amateur psychologists!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2016, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Hi Bob - my only advice is beware of females living alone masquerading as amateur psychologists!
What makes you think I am living alone? I have 10 men already locked in my cellar.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2016, 12:13 PM

Titania lavishes Bottom with her affection, twiddling his cheeks and kissing his large donkey ears.
Bottom still doesn't know his head has been transformed into that of an ass.
He calls for Peaseblossom to scratch his head and for Cobweb to go kill him a bee and bring back its honey.
Bottom announces he should go to the barber because he's feeling kind of hairy, and when he's hairy, he feels itchy all over.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

03-12-2016, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
What makes you think I am living alone? I have 10 men already locked in my cellar.
you're not an amateur psychologist ya a bloody psycopath - double bewarenesses OGF. I am happy to talk to ya OGF too but I do couples therapy so you and Mrs Fox on skype will be fine - wouldn't want to see you locked in a cellar!

Page 64 of 190 « First < 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top