Join for free
Page 649 of 1676 « First < 149 549 599 639 647 648 649 650 651 659 699 749 1149 1649 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 12:49 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I'm off now to the shed to invent something else.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 12:52 PM

for godsakes Jem what's all that catawallin about - is she singing in english or urdu??

I've seen Irish singers that can do better than that!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
In my opinion it is very important for an adult to have loved another adult, love is such a big part of human life, no man/woman is an island and as Englebert Lumpofstink sang “Lonely is a man without love”

I’m not usually a country an western fan, although Phyllis can’t get enough of country music, but I do like this singer and particularly this tune, Sweetie would you be kind enough to do the dots, slashes, brackets, double full stops etc., on this youtube song, "Our town” by Iris Dement, I just know Gummy will love it, and we all want to keep him happy don’t we.
I hope Fruitcake is alright, I miss the old devil here, give him my regards.

https://youtu.be/b9IUj1mDENg
I like Country music, well all the new stuff.
I may post some.
But for Gummy Bear as you kindly asked Jem.
I had to change the vid, the first will not post.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 03:54 PM

She has that kinda 'Twang' in her voice, you know what I mean, like the Australians have, I thought that would appeal to you, but I'll be darned, gee whizz I guess I was kinda wrong.

Thank you Sweetie, I knew I could rely on you, you are a topper, not like the other ungrateful old git.

"I once knew a man called Berty
He often looked up ones skirty
One day he got a shock
Whilst peering up a frock
For the girl was a man in a skirty"

Something about that rhyme reminded me of a one eyed young chap I worked with, this is true, he kept a spare eye in a box and he asked me to mount it in silver for him as a ring, I did and made it easy to get out if he needed it, he may have wanted to keep an eye for someone, oh God!
I encased it in an oval shaped shatterproof watch case glass to prevent it being scratched, and also to prevent his eye being wiped, oh God again!
Naturally I asked the inevitable question, what did he want it mounted for, Yes you guessed it, so he could see up girls skirts in the pub, dirty young rascal.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by [I
solo;1411925]Fer gawds sake Robert have you found that bit of paper yet?

We are eagerly waiting for those prophetic world truths, magnificent in their humanity, breathtaking in their clarity, compelling in their hopes for our world leaders mutual unilateral, unconditional positive something or other.

Mind you as my old Pater used to say "if you can't remember, it must have been a lie "

[/I]
In amongst this galaxy of scribbler stars, I find myself thinking.
I only vote to be ALONE

As the honeycomb sang in the the 1960s

Have I the right to hold you?
You know I've always told you
That we must never ever part
Oh ooh ooh oh

Have I the right to kiss you?
You know I'll always miss you
I've loved you from the very start

Come right back I just can't bear it
I've got this love and me long to share it
Come right back I'll show my love is strong
Oh yeah

Have I the right to touch you?
If I could, you'd see how much you
Send those shivers running down my spine
Ooh ooh ooh ooh

Have I the right to thrill you?
You know I'll wait until you
Give me the right to make you mine

Well, Come right back I just can't bear it
I've got this love and me long to share it
Come right back I'll show my love is strong
Oh yeah
All right!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 04:22 PM

OMG nurse gillian!!!! - he's stopped takin the blue ones again???
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

08-05-2018, 04:26 PM

[QUOTE=Jem;1412041]She has that kinda 'Twang' in her voice, you know what I mean, like the Australians have, I thought that would appeal to you, but I'll be darned, gee whizz I guess I was kinda wrong.

Thank you Sweetie, I knew I could rely on you, you are a topper, not like the other ungrateful old git.

"I once knew a man called Berty
He often looked up ones skirty
One day he got a shock
Whilst peering up a frock
For the girl was a man in a skirty"

Something about that rhyme reminded me of a one eyed young chap I worked with, this is true, he kept a spare eye in a box and he asked me to mount it in silver for him as a ring, I did and made it easy to get out if he needed it, he may have wanted to keep an eye for someone, oh God!
I encased it in an oval shaped shatterproof watch case glass to prevent it being scratched, and also to prevent his eye being wiped, oh God again!
Naturally I asked the inevitable question, what did he want it mounted for, Yes you guessed it, so he could see up
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

08-05-2018, 04:27 PM

try jennifer warnes for good voice - now that's my kinda gal!

"famous blue raincoat" phu phu phu flippin magic! - put up the magic picture sweetie pie - ta!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2018, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
try jennifer warnes for good voice - now that's my kinda gal!

"famous blue raincoat" phu phu phu flippin magic! - put up the magic picture sweetie pie - ta!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

08-05-2018, 07:51 PM

Page 649 of 1676 « First < 149 549 599 639 647 648 649 650 651 659 699 749 1149 1649 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top