Join for free
Page 65 of 70 « First < 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 11:40 AM

Re: Gay marriage

Originally Posted by JimmyC ->
Must say goodnight again. Bedtime here.

(Dang, I must find some way to organise my time better, so I can chat in real time.) Maybe go to bed at 5.00pm and get up and come here... )
Set your clocks to GMT and sleep during the day!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The idea we should all try to be the same fills me with horror and that's what it feels like is being argued for.
And who is saying that we should all be the same.

I rejoice in being different to everyone else.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And who is saying that we should all be the same.

I rejoice in being different to everyone else.
That's great but others are trying to stop others feeling that way from what's being said.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-03-2017, 11:55 AM

That's great but others are trying to stop others feeling that way from what's being said.
No. Nobody is trying to stop anyone feeling how they want to feel.

The main thrust of the argument, as I see it, is that homosexuals are the ones responsible these days for trying to persuade that they are the ones who are correct and that we should celebrate their coming out of the cupboard.

I'd be much happier if everyone - they and us - would just live quietly the way we want to and stop shouting and parading about, trying to persuade everyone else that they are wrong.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 12:17 PM

Most do live quietly I'm not sure I know any who are forcing their views on anyone. This thread was about gay marriage I don't see that as forcing anything just asking for equality.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 12:22 PM

Most do live quietly I'm not sure I know any who are forcing their views on anyone. This thread was about gay marriage I don't see that as forcing anything just asking for equality.
I'm going to start a "Heterosexual Pride Week" and a "Straight Village" where all pubs are geared for straight people only...but gay people are invited to revel in our sexuality.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-03-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I'm going to start a "Heterosexual Pride Week" and a "Straight Village" where all pubs are geared for straight people only...but gay people are invited to revel in our sexuality.
Good luck with that.

You're going to have to overcome our one-sided 'equality' laws.

They can have 'gay bars', but I challenge you to get away with having 'straight bars'!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

21-03-2017, 12:31 PM

This thread was about gay marriage I don't see that as forcing anything just asking for equality.
You're right. The thread IS entitled 'Gay marriage' and again I feel I should express my opinion, whether welcome or not.

Call me a dinosaur if you will (I am quite proud to be a dinosaur, actually), but to me the definition of 'marriage' is as laid down in our religious texts: 'the joining of man and woman'.

Marriage is not the joining of man and man, or woman and woman. For that sort of union we have civil partnerships.

I look forward to having my views challenged.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2017, 12:52 PM

Marriage is not the joining of man and man, or woman and woman. For that sort of union we have civil partnerships.
Not being remotely religious, I just see marriage as a symbol of a couple's love for one another, and the mechanism through which a stable family life can be provided for any children which come along. As a result I don't have any issues with gay marriage (or gay adoption for that matter).

My interest is more piqued by the way in which a hugely successful PR exercise has led people to believe that the gay/bisexual/transgender proportion in our population is 2500% bigger that it actually is.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-03-2017, 01:23 PM

You're right. The thread IS entitled 'Gay marriage' and again I feel I should express my opinion, whether welcome or not.

Call me a dinosaur if you will (I am quite proud to be a dinosaur, actually), but to me the definition of 'marriage' is as laid down in our religious texts: 'the joining of man and woman'.

I look forward to having my views challenged.
They are your views and that's fine as long as we all abide by the law and gay marriage is lawful no problem with anyone thinks differently.

I don't see gay marriage as much different to mine, no natural children we take in the waifs no one else wants, two people loving each other and providing a home and family for kids who need us.

Page 65 of 70 « First < 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top