Join for free
Page 67 of 190 « First < 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2016, 11:52 AM

Re: Bob's Bits.

Has it been a week since I did my last blog, I suppose it's all those jobs Mrs Fox wants me to finish before Christmas. Enough about all the trivial stuff. After the promising walk I had last Tuesday, Thursday's five was a disaster, pain accompanied me all the way round and I was almost limping by the time I arrived home. Things had got to change.

Rest it, exercise it, makes no difference it doesn't seem to be getting any better, in fact, it's getting worse. Well at least we can rule out muscle damage, only a tendon would be taking this long to heal....So a change in tactics.

I decided to dust of the bike and get it down from the loft, where it has been languishing all warm and shiny safe in the thought that it had been retired. Not so...Like Popeye's Spinach it would once again provide a much needed boost to my fitness. So on Sunday I set off in earnest to make my way round one of my old fifteen mile running courses out into the country. No wind and good dry roads and I was surprised at my level of fitness, only the saddle was giving me an uncomfortable prod every now and then, and that was only in the later stages.

I completed the round in good time and expected to be overcome with stiffness, but after two days not a sign of discomfort, so this morning I repeated the ride. With no ill effects from the affected buttock it looks like I will be able to keep fitness to a reasonable level while not antagonising the injury.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2016, 11:55 AM

well done OGF
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2016, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
well done OGF
Thanks Myrtle, I've just been looking through my running journal and noticed that the left buttock has been troublesome on and off for quite a while. Just a niggle some of the time and it doesn't stop me from running, but I'm wondering if there is some underlying problem.
I've also noticed that I was nineteen miles short of a thousand miles this year....Never mind, I'll come out fighting in the New Year.....The biking seems to be doing it good, at least, it's not getting any worse....Mind you, they've forecast some stormy weather over Christmas so I might be struggling to get out on the bike. Running in the wind is easy peasy, but cycling in it is a different matter!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

23-12-2016, 10:59 PM

Cycling's not as good as running so I chickened out this morning [something I would never have done if I was running] the Leylandi in next doors garden were bending double in the wind so I decided to assist Mrs Fox with the shopping.

I did get out for a walk yesterday morning without too many ill effects so I'll have another go tomorrow.

I'm getting fed up with the house been upside down after Mrs Fox has rearranged all the furniture in preparation for influx of family members on Christmas day. All of my favourite pans are overflowing with vegetables, and being as I do all the cooking through the week I'm having to use reserve pans. I've been disappearing up into my workshop in the loft to avoid all the activity and noise, only coming down when I hear the utterings of Mrs Fox as another piece of crockery bites the dust. I love her to bits but she's so clumsy....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-12-2016, 07:59 PM

I'd just like to wish everyone who looks in to 'Bob's Bits' A Very Happy Christmas and thanks for your support. It's just nice to get stuff of your chest and if someone reads it then it's a bonus.....Thanks again.....

Had a good walk this morning without any after effects, I think I've figured out what the problem was and it looks like I will be back to running early in the New Year.
I'll explain more when I've got a bit more time.

Just a few more hours to the big day and nearly all my jobs have been completed, the rest have missed the deadline! There is one more thing to do before I hit the sack and that is accompany Mrs Fox down to the village church for Midnight Mass. I don't really know how I stand about all the God stuff, but it's nice to meet some of the village residents and get in out of the cold....

I might have to visit the confessional while I'm there to confess my sins....I might be gone quite some time.......Have a great day everyone and I'll look in when I can......
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 08:04 PM

Merry Christmas and a very happy (running ) New Year to you and Mrs Fox
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I'd just like to wish everyone who looks in to 'Bob's Bits' A Very Happy Christmas and thanks for your support. It's just nice to get stuff of your chest and if someone reads it then it's a bonus.....Thanks again.....

Had a good walk this morning without any after effects, I think I've figured out what the problem was and it looks like I will be back to running early in the New Year.
I'll explain more when I've got a bit more time.

Just a few more hours to the big day and nearly all my jobs have been completed, the rest have missed the deadline! There is one more thing to do before I hit the sack and that is accompany Mrs Fox down to the village church for Midnight Mass. I don't really know how I stand about all the God stuff, but it's nice to meet some of the village residents and get in out of the cold....

I might have to visit the confessional while I'm there to confess my sins....I might be gone quite some time.......Have a great day everyone and I'll look in when I can......
I have enjoyed reading your bits Bob although I don't often get time to reply .

I do hope you can get back to running very soon. I am sure it is beneficial. I know I would go completely mad if I didn't get out walking across the fields every day ....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2016, 08:13 PM

A very Happy Christmas to you and Mrs Fox, Foxy
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

25-12-2016, 01:47 PM

Thanks Meg, Mags And Myrtle, very nice to hear from you and I'll pass your Christmas wishes on to Mrs Fox....Enjoy your day whatever you are doing and it'll be business as usual shortly.
PS:- Nice and warm weather Meg for getting out with your hound it was 15 degrees C when I went to collect FIL up this morning....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2016, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Meg, Mags And Myrtle, very nice to hear from you and I'll pass your Christmas wishes on to Mrs Fox....Enjoy your day whatever you are doing and it'll be business as usual shortly.
PS:- Nice and warm weather Meg for getting out with your hound it was 15 degrees C when I went to collect FIL up this morning....
It was a treat to be out there this morning Bob with the wind in our hair, it felt like spring

Page 67 of 190 « First < 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 117 167 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top