Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 12:36 PM

Re: When is old .....old

Originally Posted by valice ->
Don't ever remember my grandma wearing an apron, if she did it wasn't all the time. (i hardly ever wear one), she used to like to have a bet on the gee gees (in the days before it was legal, think it was the butchers shop that dealt with that), and she used to go out a few evenings a week to a whist drive, in the day time there were 2 or 3 ladies she used to visit for a cuppa and a chat, i'd go with her if I was staying, but don't ever remember them visiting her.
Granddad was content to stay at home with a couple of bottles of milk stout and listen to the radio.
I'm surprised Valice - well done to your Grandma
My 2 were slaves to the home
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
You didn't make it clear how old you are though.
Erm 92 Robert, a lady always knocks a bit off her age Coff says she as her nose grows longer.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by maursey ->
I don't feel old at all and thankfully I am told I don't look my age.

I like modern clothes, modern music in fact age is just a number. If we didn't know our age, I'm sure we would all feel so much younger.

It is a known fact that we are ten years younger in our mind and body than what we use to be. So Susan you are only 55.
Hi maursey, ten years younger?? Try believing I feel 30 years younger inside !! The only problem is that when I don't act my proper age, my body loves to remind me very quickly that the age I am feeling has long gone and I need to wake up and smell the coffee! (or sit down and have a glass of sanatagen !!

For example, I well remember being taken ill 12 months ago and waking up in a hospital bay ward. I looked around at these 7 other poorly frail elderly ladies sharing the hospital bay with me, every single one of them had white hair and pale skins, and I couldn't help thinking to myself.... , O.M.G. !!!!! why have they put me into the Gereatric ward with these old ladies !! then I realised, I may well have still been working full time back then at age 66, I may well still only look 46 (oh okay then, 56!) I may have highlights put in my hair every 6 weeks, may still work out on my exercise bike every other day to keep fit, may well have kept myself slim enough to still fit into my size 12/14 jeans (even though I only dare wear em in the garden) but..........the reality once I was lying in that hospital bed soon hit home to me. I AM a pensioner! this IS the pensioner's ward! I AM old! I AM frail! under these highlights my hair IS flippin grey -probably going on white!
Wow, did that reckoning give me a good reason to get better very quickly so that I could escape from that world !
I didn't want to be reminded of my age thank you very much.!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 03:08 PM

I love your post!!
My granny had to spend a week or so in an old people's home once, she said I hate being with all these old dears, you can't have a conversation with them all they do is sleep!
She was 86.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2015, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I love your post!!
My granny had to spend a week or so in an old people's home once, she said I hate being with all these old dears, you can't have a conversation with them all they do is sleep!
She was 86.

FAB !

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top