Join for free
Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-08-2016, 11:20 PM

Re: Trusting People On The Internet....

I take people as I find them in the big outside world and I either gel with them and trust them or I don't.

As regards trusting people online, this is the only forum I'm a member of. I couldn't lie for toffee and I'm just me. No hidden corners. So it's odd being a member of a forum, wanting to interact with people but needing to withhold information, for obvious reasons, especially when I'm an open person.

I don't give a lot away (I hope) just because t'internet can be a bad place and full of questionable people and this is an open forum.
I'd rather be considered as sensible in not disclosing too much personal info.
If I am thought of as questionable, then so be it. It just means I wouldn't have gelled with them anyway

We can only do our best to suss out who we might be wary of online, and I think I'm wise enough to do that.
I can definitely spot the lovely genuine folk
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
ALSO - it now seems fairly certain that wifey (much less demeaning than "OH") and I will be spending about a month in the UK very early in 2017.

I would like to hope that we will be able to meet a few of the folk from here on 'neutral ground' over a lunch or a few drinks.
Even - or perhaps especially - one or two of the Pummy-bashers

TRUST us, we will neither bring any snakes or spiders nor will we assassinate your cat.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Don't believe a word of it. You're coming on cat-trapping holiday I bet.
PUMMY ALERT . . PUMMY ALERT . . .
I do like Mups. Clearly has a sense of humour.
Possibly should change the name to 'Pups' though.
Many (not all) of the 'M' names here seem mean, malicious and mindless.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 03:36 AM

You can get a lot better idea of people from forums in a few months than can take years in real life.

You'd never cover all of the topics that are discussed on here, all the varied opinions bring out the best/worst in people and that I think gives a pretty detailed account of that person.

I won't use the word 'friend', I have loads of mates who id do anything for but I have only 3 friends, that's reserved for those that rise above mates status, that extra special person.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
ALSO - it now seems fairly certain that wifey (much less demeaning than "OH") and I will be spending about a month in the UK very early in 2017.

I would like to hope that we will be able to meet a few of the folk from here on 'neutral ground' over a lunch or a few drinks.
Even - or perhaps especially - one or two of the Pummy-bashers

TRUST us, we will neither bring any snakes or spiders nor will we assassinate your cat.
So where will you be staying then ?
Or will you be touring this green and pleasant land ?
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I take people as I find them in the big outside world and I either gel with them and trust them or I don't.

As regards trusting people online, this is the only forum I'm a member of. I couldn't lie for toffee and I'm just me. No hidden corners. So it's odd being a member of a forum, wanting to interact with people but needing to withhold information, for obvious reasons, especially when I'm an open person.

I don't give a lot away (I hope) just because t'internet can be a bad place and full of questionable people and this is an open forum.
I'd rather be considered as sensible in not disclosing too much personal info.
If I am thought of as questionable, then so be it. It just means I wouldn't have gelled with them anyway

We can only do our best to suss out who we might be wary of online, and I think I'm wise enough to do that.
I can definitely spot the lovely genuine folk

You rang?!

Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 09:58 AM

Pumicestone...
Many (not all) of the 'M' names here seem mean, malicious and mindless.

I certainly agree with you in respect of lovely Mups Pumi, and her sort are well in the majority here.
The mean, malicious and mindless are I feel well in the minority.
Like you say, they are very easily spotted though.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 10:11 AM

Hi

Unfortunately, in real life, my trusted friends are dead, I have only one left.

On Forums, I much prefer to meet people in real life, but I am in the fortunate position of being able to check up on people.

There is one person on this site who I trust totally, we have met and she is no idiot.

There are 5 others who I feel that I could also trust totally.

One I will never meet, one who I will meet and who can vouch for another.

Two others who I hope to meet personally soon.

I count myself very fortunate to be on this Forum, absolutely lovely people.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

04-08-2016, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Unfortunately, in real life, my trusted friends are dead, I have only one left.

On Forums, I much prefer to meet people in real life, but I am in the fortunate position of being able to check up on people.

There is one person on this site who I trust totally, we have met and she is no idiot.

There are 5 others who I feel that I could also trust totally.

One I will never meet, one who I will meet and who can vouch for another.

Two others who I hope to meet personally soon.

I count myself very fortunate to be on this Forum, absolutely lovely people.
Nice post swim.
Nice one.
You've got me filling up here!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
You can get a lot better idea of people from forums in a few months than can take years in real life.
That's very true IMO ... I don't make friends readily and I find it fascinating observing the way people write (i mean, how they express themselves using the written word).

Humour is one thing that comes across nicely and I believe THAT can say an awful lot about the character, demeanour and intelligence.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
Pumicestone...

I certainly agree with you in respect of lovely Mups Pumi, and her sort are well in the majority here.

Never let it be said I can't graciously accept a compliment, BUT . . . . have you two been up to no good?

Page 7 of 15 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top