Join for free
Page 7 of 505 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 12:39 AM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

I saw this morning that 14 people tested in the UK were all negative, but 19 more were to be tested.

I thought China were acting really quickly to try their best to contain it.
The papers said they were constructing a 1,000 hospital quickly, and there were pictures of loads of diggers working flat out.
They said the new hospital should be up in 5 days!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/108107...ospital-wuhan/

Can't imagine this country acting so quick. We'd still be trying to get MP's back from their holidays to discuss it!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 12:54 AM

Have you heard about this soup they've been having?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/108035...t-safe-to-eat/

How revolting!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Have you heard about this soup they've been having?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/108035...t-safe-to-eat/

How revolting!

How do you think they feel about haggis or tripe
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-01-2020, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
How do you think they feel about haggis or tripe

Maybe they would find those revolting too, Ray - same as I do.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I saw this morning that 14 people tested in the UK were all negative, but 19 more were to be tested.

I thought China were acting really quickly to try their best to contain it.
The papers said they were constructing a 1,000 hospital quickly, and there were pictures of loads of diggers working flat out.
They said the new hospital should be up in 5 days!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/108107...ospital-wuhan/

Can't imagine this country acting so quick. We'd still be trying to get MP's back from their holidays to discuss it!
I was a bit concerned about a building going up that fast. Normally you would do surveys of the underlying geology because what if there's a sinkhole or unstable land mass underneath? You spend time planning the appropriate materials based on the foundation geology. I'm assuming this must have already been prepared for construction previously. A building that they planned to erect which is being modified from housing to hospital. At the end of the day though you can set up a hospital in a tent when you have an emergency. That's what they do in war zones is it not? It's more about getting the equipment, medicines and staff in place.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 03:01 AM

This evenings news stated that 54 have died in China from the coronavirus and that Hong Kong has issued a state of emergency.
2 confirmed cases in the U.S.
I'm taking this one seriously. It may be a tempest in a tea pot, but it could also turn out to be worse than the 1919 flu which killed 100 million people world wide.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The chinese are only supplying the trains KZ, less the drive
system l believe, which will be supplied by siemens? The tracks
and signalling etc will be provided by a consortium! So its all a bit
mix & match?
Concerning the payment for all this, you suggest payment up front!
This will be difficult as the final cost is not fixed and keeps getting
increased? Might l ask why you advocate this method of payment?
Donkeyman!

BTW l was concerned with the spread of disease due to rapid
transit by large numbers of humans, as appears to be case in
China presently?
It is a principle thing. Have heard of "Belt and Road" ? Do some research on China's practises on creating debt in foreign countries to exploit later and their infiltration into business and universities and control of the Chinese diaspora. Please don't take my word for it. Read "The Silent Invasion" by Clive Hamilton which addresses Chinese influence and interference in Australia's politics, business and places of learning. Also Red Flag by Peter Hartcher is alarming. These people are respected political journalists, not tabloid hacks. The debt entrapment methods of the current Chinese regime are common knowledge around the world.. PLease note I DO NOT say the Chinese people. It's the Xi Chinese Regime. I just think that if Scotland can avoid indebting themselves to China in any way it would be a good thing. Let them build your train or part train what ever it is sure. Just don't be in their debt.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 07:12 AM

Isn't this thread supposed to be about the coronavirus ?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
If you look back at the first comment you will see that both the Coronavirus and high speed trains built in Scotland by China are mentioned.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2020, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Yep sure is Bakerman even the title of the thread would suggest that."Chinese Coronavirus" but the old buggers on here soon lose focus and wander off jabbering away to themselves.

Everything I have read on this virus suggests it is some sort of very strong flu bug starting with fevers,and then hard to get your breathe, possibly being followed up by pneumonia,which I would presume would be the final stage for people with low immune systems.
People being advised to stay away from raw meats, making sure that everything is cooked properly, and not spitting in public.

A touch of the old TB ruling there when spitting was against the law.
God knows what the football and rugby players are going to do probably take a box of tissues on the pitch with them to spit into. Or perhaps put a spitoon or two on the side of the pitch like they used to have in the old cowboy movies.

Spent many a hour on the fields in my earlier years playing football and can not remember myself ever spitting except possibly one time when I lost my front teeth.

Page 7 of 505 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top