Join for free
Page 7 of 19 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 11:11 AM

Re: Laboratory Experiments

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would be happy to and did twice when I was in my late teens. I also had experimental drug when I had my second bout of breast cancer.

So I would be quite happy to do so again.
Don't you think we are all now being experimented on, of course we are.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 11:29 AM

Not sure what that comment means I have said I am happy to be experimented on if it helps others .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 12:19 PM

I did when I had major surgery in 2003 and would be happy to do so again.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Don't you think we are all now being experimented on, of course we are.
Would you care to qualify that, please, I do not understand ?
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 03:39 PM

I would be happy to and did twice when I was in my late teens. I also had experimental drug when I had my second bout of breast cancer..
I imagine what you had was a 'clinical trial' Julie, treatment that has been already been laboratary tested and passed as safe to be used on humans but no 'clinical trail' as to it's effectiveness.

Clinical trials are commonplace.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 03:43 PM

Please don't tell me what I had ! Unless you were involved in my treatment which was military funded you have no idea what I had.

Really need to back off telling people about their own illnesses and treatments you seem to just parrot what the NHS tell you.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 03:48 PM

Please don't tell me what I had ! Unless you were involved in my treatment which was military funded you have no idea what I had.

Really need to back off telling people about their own illnesses and treatments you seem to just parrot what the NHS tell you.
There is no need to be personal Julie.

I didn't tell you anything.......do read my post again..I said I imagine what you had was a clinical trial.

ps..I don't parrot anything... I give an opinion based on experience and knowledge,
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

31-01-2014, 04:39 PM

No Pats when ever I say anything you seem to come along and contradict my experience of my own treatment, which is very rude really. I am not stupid I know what I have been given and what has been said to me.
Pats
Lincolnshire

31-01-2014, 04:49 PM

No Pats when ever I say anything you seem to come along and contradict my experience of my own treatment, which is very rude really. I am not stupid I know what I have been given and what has been said to me.
Julie.
Do you honestly post on here and not expect a response to your posts?...isn't that what messageboards are about?
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2014, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Would you care to qualify that, please, I do not understand ?
I can qualify what I said, when you go to the doctors, and say he gives you a drug that you are totally not suitable for, but they give it you all the same to see what your body does.
In my case it was oxytetracycline that meant I had to have immediate hospital treatment.
They gave me a statin that gave me severe cramp and I was on it for a long time, before uncle Joe told me to change to another statin, bingo it worked.
Drugs are given to people without testing them, they maybe all right on 90% of people but not the other 10%.
i can go along with it being bad luck, but we are not all the same.
I take one of the drugs which is highly dangerous, it hospitalised me 3 times in one year, before they got to the right dose, what I mean as hospitalised an in patient for a week at a time.
If that is not experimenting I don't know what is.
There is an assumption that we are all the same and we are not.

Page 7 of 19 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top