Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2020, 04:18 PM

Re: Online Deliveries, Supermarkets.

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Foxy? Deliberibately obstinate and unreasonable? Never!
Though I suppose in all fairness, Mrs. Fox is more qualified to tell us really.

Personally, I think most men are obstinate when the mood takes them.

I had better scram.

BTW, my online groceries have just arrived - honestly.
sometimes us men have to be stubborn more than say obstinate. This is more so when a client/customer is trying to get one over on you.

With us a client signed a contract with the terms clearly laid out and easy to read.
Example with boarding animals, we ask for payment in full when the animal is left with us, that gives us time to clear any cheques etc.
If the client returns before the pick up date they try and claim the days not used.
You have then to refer them to the contract and refuse to return the money. It is their choice to collect the animal early
If you wern't stubborn in refusing next time they could easily book more kennel space days than they want . This in turn stops another person wanting that kennel so we loose out

Business is business which is entirely different from social life
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
No, I asked the driver. The order comes from an actual store, about 5 miles from where I live. It is a large store, and I find it very unlikely that they would not have any one pint containers of milk available. Especially when they have had over a week's notice of its requirement.
It could well be that your own local store provides the stuff you ordered. However this may not be the case across the UK in which case, since eg Tesco has only one website which doesn't take into account where one lives, they cannot offer every available item online for home delivery.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 06:13 AM

I've never managed to get a delivery slot . I’ve tried a few times with different supermarkets but I must do something wrong because there are never slots available so I just give up.

I love a bargain too Swimmy......as you say its a Yorkshire thing
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 11:24 AM

Perhaps Tesco's computers don't know what a pint is....

Try ordering 0.568 Litre....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2020, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Perhaps Tesco's computers don't know what a pint is....

Try ordering 0.568 Litre....
...or 473ml if the computer was made in the USA.

ummm better stick to litres.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:04 PM

Well let me remove any doubt in your mind, and assure you that one can easily get away with a pint a week.

I didn't say going was perverse, but I do find liking it a bit strange. You can see everything available online, too. And there are some things that I can get online which are not available at my local branch.

As for meeting up with friends, not going to the supermarket saves me the bother of hiding down one of the aisles when I spot someone I know.

Herbal, I'm with you with Tesco online delivery.
Have to confess though, only the two of us but I still order without fail 3 x 4pint semi-skimmed every week. We eat a lot of cereal and must hold the world record for cups of tea per day!

You do know of course that if you tick the box next to the item in the list view of your basket, they will substitute your milk for another, even if it is larger, i.e. 2 pinter, you still only pay for 1 pint if they don't have it. Of course, if it says at the time of ordering that it is unavailable, this does not apply, but it sounds as though it was available in your case so you are losing out by not ticking for a substitute. You can't lose when it comes to milk!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Of course, if it says at the time of ordering that it is unavailable, this does not apply, but it sounds as though it was available in your case
No, it wasn't available when I put the order in. I would have expected that, with over a week's notice, they had plenty of time to make it available.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
...or 473ml if the computer was made in the USA.

I agree.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:28 PM

No, it wasn't available when I put the order in. I would have expected that, with over a week's notice, they had plenty of time to make it available.

I find that works in reverse as well.
I have ordered a couple of things which were 'available' yet when the order comes they were missing, and substituted.

I now know how to click ' No substitutions' though.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2020, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't want litres, I want milk.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top