Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 05:18 PM

Re: Are you a leader or a follower?

Thinking back, I s'pose a 'leader' type (but I prefer to say I just do my own thing).

This thread got me thinking back to a job I worked in many, many moons ago. Even though I was a shy little thing, I did have a voice that sometimes spoke on it's own without much thought from me.

At that time I was a secretary. My 'line manager' (who I knew of old - and who basically worked her way up by opening her legs ) loved the colour navy. She decided how wonderful it would be to see the secretaries in suits, navy suits of course.
I told her to get stuffed. I wasn't being a clone of her or anybody else. So she sent a memo round saying what she proposed to do, and any thoughts. Guess what the other girls said after I'd voiced my thoughts?

She lost. She never forgave me
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2017, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Thinking back, I s'pose a 'leader' type (but I prefer to say I just do my own thing).

This thread got me thinking back to a job I worked in many, many moons ago. Even though I was a shy little thing, I did have a voice that sometimes spoke on it's own without much thought from me.

At that time I was a secretary. My 'line manager' (who I knew of old - and who basically worked her way up by opening her legs ) loved the colour navy. She decided how wonderful it would be to see the secretaries in suits, navy suits of course.
I told her to get stuffed. I wasn't being a clone of her or anybody else. So she sent a memo round saying what she proposed to do, and any thoughts. Guess what the other girls said after I'd voiced my thoughts?

She lost. She never forgave me
There's the leader aspect in you, Pesta. Good lass for standing your ground☺
Jumped-up line managers, I tell ya. Pah!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2017, 10:16 AM

I have my own opinion on things and have never blindly followed any belief or person.

However I will give my support if I agree with somebody/something.

Does that make me a follower?

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top