Join for free
Page 7 of 19 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 03:23 PM

Re: A new tier 4

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Omah, I'm sorry, but I am not sure I can agree with your comments I've hi-lighted.

Firstly, I would like to ask you how you think anyone can control something which is totally invisible?
Could you?
I'm not in charge - BJ is ..... and his policy of U-turns and compromises is directly responsible for public confusion and resentment .....

The second hi-lighted part, how can Boris easily stop these selfish morons gathering and breaking the rules?
You appear not to agree with these gatherings - (and I agree with you), but how it can be stopped is another matter, especially when there are not enough police to be everywhere at once.

I imagine it would need all the police to stop investigating murders, rape, child abuse, wife beating . . . etc etc . . . and solely concentrate on Covid gatherings all over the country, in order to have enough spare Cops to bust these gatherings.
What happened to the COVID "marshals"? They should have been patrolling the streets, looking for offenders like the ARP in WWII .....

You have just admitted that even you knew what neighbours were up to, yet you never reported them, so if no one else reports them either, how do you suppose the police can know about it? Telepathy?
Yet you still blame them for not intervening, even though no one has made them aware of it.

Doesn't make sense to me.
I don't think I "blamed" the police .....
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 03:26 PM

Omah, I'm sorry, but I am not sure I can agree with your comments I've hi-lighted.

Firstly, I would like to ask you how you think anyone can control something which is totally invisible?
Could you?

The second hi-lighted part, how can Boris easily stop these selfish morons gathering and breaking the rules?
You appear not to agree with these gatherings - (and I agree with you), but how it can be stopped is another matter, especially when there are not enough police to be everywhere at once.

I imagine it would need all the police to stop investigating murders, rape, child abuse, wife beating . . . etc etc . . . and solely concentrate on Covid gatherings all over the country, in order to have enough spare Cops to bust these gatherings.

You have just admitted that even you knew what neighbours were up to, yet you never reported them, so if no one else reports them either, how do you suppose the police can know about it? Telepathy?
Yet you still blame them for not intervening, even though no one has made them aware of it.

Doesn't make sense to me.
To me neither.

Scotland has just announced that people are to stay at home and have made it (apparently) a "legal requirement" to do so for the rest of January..

Well, if you're going to do it you might as well make people know you mean business!
Will police really reinforce this?
And will we see the cries of "police state" that appear whenever things like this are considered here in England, I wonder?

I saw that yesterday there was a big (?) demonstration in Nottingham protesting against current restrictions.
Maybe it takes such harsh measures as those coming to Scotland to effectively prevent such idiocy putting others at risk.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...tland-12179170

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/...rotest-4851757
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 03:36 PM

Maybe it takes such harsh measures as those coming to Scotland to effectively prevent such idiocy putting others at risk.

For once Zyphod we are in agreement. Even though I'm as mad as a hatter about the new lockdown.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->

For once Zyphod we are in agreement. Even though I'm as mad as a hatter about the new lockdown.
Ooh I bet you are; I would be too.

Roxy I suspect that we agree on more than perhaps I give you the impression of, for which I apologise unreservedly.
I shall try to stop using the posts of others like ammunition so quickly - and you can quote me on this if I lapse.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 03:48 PM

Harsh measures are what's needed but who's going to enforce them .....
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Harsh measures are what's needed but who's going to enforce them .....
The only way is the armed Forces patrolling our streets. .Just Awful.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

04-01-2021, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Ooh I bet you are; I would be too.

Roxy I suspect that we agree on more than perhaps I give you the impression of, for which I apologise unreservedly.
I shall try to stop using the posts of others like ammunition so quickly - and you can quote me on this if I lapse.

I may just hold you to that.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 04:52 PM

BREAKING NEWS: England lockdown: Boris Johnson to make statement at 8pm – emergency recall of MPs

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...own-speech-8pm
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

04-01-2021, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
BREAKING NEWS: England lockdown: Boris Johnson to make statement at 8pm – emergency recall of MPs

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...own-speech-8pm

That'll be you locked down too.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 05:15 PM

That'll be you locked down too.
Could be but I hope not until Wednesday evening. I've just bought a new car and I can't pick it up until Wed afternoon.

Page 7 of 19 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top