Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 05:51 PM

Re: Maxi dresses for the more mature.

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Surfermom

it is down to my weird sense of humour. Bet you would have smiled if you saw the same procession
Oh, I totally get it; I am sure it was quite the migration...I mean procession .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
And I STILL stick by my words.
I’m not sure if you are a thrift shopper or not but we have what’s called ‘value villages’ where we live which are secondhand stores. When I lost a whole lot of weight I wouldn’t wear shorts, skirts or dresses and once I lost weight I had the same problems you are describing. My only saving grace is that I’ve got about 4 more inches on me.

Either way I hated not being able to wear a dress or skirt and gradually as I lost weight I’d go into these second hand places , hand over my oversized clothes and pick up something more stylish and fashionable . Each year I’d do this until I was finally at the size I liked. The great part about doing this is that you can buy really unique things at an affordable price. Doing this allows you to recreate your wardrobe which will make you feel fantastic and motivate you to keep it up.

It also allows you to experiment with your selections some.
There may be styles of clothes that you never even considered would look good on you. Later if you really like that style you may wish to purchase something similar that’s brand new and feel like a million bucks.

Some people snub their noses at secondhand clothes but there’s a lot to be said about them. There’s endless versatility in every size imaginable, it’s fun, it’s exciting and it doesn’t break the bank so your husband will be happy too.

That’s how I recreated my wardrobe and now wear skirts, dresses and shorts and I was BIG before so understand these stages you’re going through. They are tough but YOU can do this.
Thanks for the encouragement Brattie. Yes, we have second hand shops here, we call them charity shops. They have gotten quite expensive as people were buying clothes from charity shops and making money by selling them on ebay and it seems they got wise to it so started charging more.

I think I will start looking around them though, I never bothered before because they never seemed to have anything my size but now I'm a normal size I should be able to find something, thanks for that! xx
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
LQ, try a Google search for "Petite short-sleeved maxis".
thanks for that pointer SM, I'll do that right now! xx
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 09:17 PM

Have you ever noticed that whatever you're reading or commenting/posting about...up pop the adverts?

So just now I got this under my nose!
Some really stunning dresses, and cheap!
AND remember how slimming verticle stripes are!

https://www.justfashionnow.com/shop/...SAAEgJ9IfD_BwE
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 09:20 PM

So how come I sometimes see adverts with men's underwear.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
So how come I sometimes see adverts with men's underwear.
There's no hope for you!

And I get dating sites with Asian babes!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

02-07-2018, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
There's no hope for you!

And I get dating sites with Asian babes!
now we know what you and Morti get up to on the net lol
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK

02-07-2018, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
now we know what you and Morti get up to on the net lol
But I'm very respectable!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

02-07-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
But I'm very respectable!
okay, I believe you, now stop yer mithering

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top