Join for free
Page 7 of 50 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »
Ethel
England
Ethel is female  Ethel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 07:25 AM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No we don't Todger, the're a bloody pest, and have been put up to it by someone older....parents, teachers the internet etc.
That's the trouble these days with the Media and Internet....There are too many people telling us what we should be doing without coming up with a solution...
I'm certainly not going to take advice about how I live my life from a child with no experience of life...
There seems to be a trend these days for advertisers to use children to sell ideas and other things because they are so innocent, but behind each innocent kid is some shyster with an agenda...

And no Muddy! it's not just their future, it's everybody's future regardless of how old you are. I'm sick to the back molars of people saying we have made a mess of the world.....We did what we thought was right at the time and given the information we had. Our parents did what they thought was best for us, and we have done the best for our children. If you want to live on this planet you must take from it or die...
I could not of put it better, well said and thank you, I am also sick of being blamed for the world and it’s wife’s problems.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 07:34 AM

Nice one Bruce.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Ethel ->
I could not of put it better, well said and thank you, I am also sick of being blamed for the world and it’s wife’s problems.

Its the folk who wont take a stake on the 7.7 billion percentage realm that are blameworthy.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
We are. We have been doing so for many years now. This mouthy brat is just the latest woke figurehead who likes to parade on social media to tell us what we already know.
It’s a drop In the ocean what’s been going on.
It’s time to wake up if it takes a youngster to kick us into action so be it .

After all it’s their future not ours !
Our generation have done their best to wreck the planet .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 08:10 AM

To those who are in denial about global warming I would suggest that they research the Dunning–Kruger effect. Just Google it for starters -
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 08:11 AM

Good to see this thread finally back on track...

Greta Thunberg is typical of yer brainwashed student. She is a spokeswoman and I agree with her principles - we must be aware to do all we can about climate change as it's our future at stake - but the world's governments should be doing this, not a 16-year old schoolgirl.
Thing is, protestors are largely ignored and governments have other priorities and little gets done.

But then if the governments won't be serious about climate change and Greta will then I'd rather listen to her than Harry, Meghan or William who should not even be anywhere near politics. What's it got to do with those gas-guzzling spongers?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
It’s a drop In the ocean what’s been going on.
It’s time to wake up if it takes a youngster to kick us into action so be it .

After all it’s their future not ours !
Our generation have done their best to wreck the planet .
It may be a drop in the ocean where you're from but not in my region. Fossil fuel power stations closing down, wind farms and solar power everywhere, recycling waste is now the norm, smart meters for energy and I myself only use public transport to get around. Never flown anywhere, never driven a car. I don't need some smug, mouthy kid who has a face like a bulldog eating a thistle to tell me what I should be doing.

Last time I checked I had a future on this planet too, by the way.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
It may be a drop in the ocean where you're from but not in my region. Fossil fuel power stations closing down, wind farms and solar power everywhere, recycling waste is now the norm, smart meters for energy and I myself only use public transport to get around. Never flown anywhere, never driven a car. I don't need some smug, mouthy kid who has a face like a bulldog eating a thistle to tell me what I should be doing.

Last time I checked I had a future on this planet too, by the way.
Exactly, Tachyon
I look at what's happening. All the waste, all the political shenanigans, the arguing, the world going t!ts up, the smog, the capitalists wasting our hard-earned money etc etc.
Then I look at my grandchildren and wonder what on earth is going to happen to them in future years? They are so innocent about everything and have no idea about what is going on in the world and what their future way of life will be. I feel very sad for them and only hope things will change for the better. We will all be gone on here but they must carry the torch, get themselves noticed in the world.
It's frightening.
They really do not know how essential it is to enjoy their young lives at the moment.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I fear for this young ladies mental health...she looked so desperate when she was addressing the audience in New York.

I wonder who is behind the scenes pulling the strings and are they concerned for her mental health?. I agree with her message but she seems to have taken it all so personally and doesnt seem stable to me.

She needs to forget the cause for a while and just be young with her own generation....she did her bit...for now.
I totally agree summer. She looks insane to me and will get nowhere by scowling at people. she reminds me of a rather unstable girl I went out with once.... once!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-09-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We do not burn coal anymore
Drax power station is a large biomass and coal-fired power station in North Yorkshire, England, capable of co-firing petcoke. It has a 2.6 GW capacity for biomass and 1.29 GW capacity for coal.

Page 7 of 50 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top