Join for free
Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
billsteamshovel
Rural Australia
billsteamshovel is male 

15-10-2013, 12:24 AM

Re: A Poem-"The Over 50's Forum"

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Why refer to Joe in this thread - hes not been on this thread !
Pull yer head in - will ya !
Uncle Joke had a go at me in another thread,i just wondered why he hasen't stuck his two bob in here too!
Anyone can have a go at me,I don't mind one bit,but stick to the rules of the thread,I set this up for the less outgoing members to have a go at writing poetry, but its been shanghied by posters who have now turned it into a soap opera,like every other thread here,give the others a chance to express themselves and start your own "gossip" thread,get Uncle Joke "matey" and Neddy Seagoon to chair it,that should be a big hit with the gossippers.

And I will "pull my head in" when everyone else "pulls their heads in"!
It's pretty typical when you are a pretty new member of any forum to be looked down upon,thats life,a fact of forum life,but I have every right to say what i like here,to post or start threads and make up basic rules for that thread,that is my right,if Admin do not like what i say then they can tell me,not you or any other busybody with a boring life,Admin moderate here not you,they make the posting rules, not members whose existence here in the hierachy,or the pecking order is based on mediocrity!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote Billy ...[IMG]It's pretty typical when you are a pretty new member of any forum to be looked down upon,thats life,a fact of forum life,but I have every right to say what i like here,to post or start threads and make up basic rules for that thread,that is my right,if Admin do not like what i say then they can tell me,not you or any other busybody with a boring life,Admin moderate here not you,they make the posting rules, not members whose existence here in the hierachy,or the pecking order is based on mediocrity! Last edited by billsteamshovel; Today at 04:51 AM.[/IMG]

That is utter nonsense Billy - you have had a very good welcome here, as everyone. You have an aggressive nature and thats gonna irk some people, especially me. Its obvious when you mention someone on 'another' thread - then bring it onto 'this' thread.
Anyone can post on 'this' thread, there are 'no rules'
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by billsteamshovel ->
It's pretty typical when you are a pretty new member of any forum to be looked down upon,thats life,a fact of forum life,but I have every right to say what i like here,to post or start threads and make up basic rules for that thread,that is my right,if Admin do not like what i say then they can tell me,not you or any other busybody with a boring life,Admin moderate here not you,they make the posting rules, not members whose existence here in the hierachy,or the pecking order is based on mediocrity!
So you feel you have more rights over what can be written than anyone else you may start a thread but you don't own it.

You shouted down two forum members for no reason and did it in a very rude and ill-mannered way. Had you approached it differently, you may well have gotten a different response from me.

There is no hierachy (not that I've noticed anyway) and when it comes to mediocrity, don't your own unremitting rants about Muslims fall into that bracket?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 08:39 AM

I have been saddened by some of the attitudes on this thread which has ruined it totally. The simple premise of encouraging the writing of eight lines of verse was a nice one I thought, and would maybe allow some of the more reticent of our members to have a little moment in the sun.

Personally I viewed the simple rules of the thread quite reasonable, and no more than the rules you would put on at the start of such as a word game etc. Suppose you set up a word game that was to run alphabetically and everyone ignored that simple rule, wouldn't it actually spoil the game for everyone? No difference here as far as I am concerned, and Bill has every right to be peeved with some of you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 09:52 AM

Dont understand the logic Barry - why has the thread changed, people can write 8 lines, or 4 lines. Its a poetry thread, if a couple made an error initially, there is absolutely no need to have a rant about it.
Everything would have ended on a much better note.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Dont understand the logic Barry - why has the thread changed, people can write 8 lines, or 4 lines. Its a poetry thread, if a couple made an error initially, there is absolutely no need to have a rant about it.
Everything would have ended on a much better note.
Precisely Pats - there would have been apologies made and corrections made to future posts. I won't be ranted at, nor insulted, by anyone. Had Billy had the courtesy to send a PM outlining what he wanted to say instead of castigating on the thread, none of those comments would have appeared anyway; odd, because that's what he asked Azz to do instead of Azz remonstrating with him on the forum - as I've said, one rule for Billy and another for others.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 07:07 PM

An olive branch

8 x 8

The first line is the worst to write
The second line sets the pattern
By three ,looks if you really might
Forecast somethings gonna happen
By five a pattern does emerge
Six lines and you are nearly there
Seven lines and you have a surge
Eight its finished without a care.

Not clever & not art
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

15-10-2013, 07:11 PM

How very true RJ ......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2013, 10:39 PM

Oh Ho
Ho Ho
Your go
My go
Oh No
My go
Spose so
There yer Go.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 10:12 AM

A beginning
a middle
and an end
too
I can write
verses
as well as
you

to spitfire

Page 7 of 11 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top