Join for free
Page 7 of 129 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 04:55 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Manchester/Cheshire

Back on line but dont know how long for as there is a known fault ,others have same problem as us , so being on Fibre Optic leaves you open to faults as well , especially when theres been a explosion in a man hole ..
I went clothes shopping this afternoon for my impending visit to IOM in August , got two pair of 3/4 leggings in cotton ..
Myrtle ....if Richard Gere was on the Wheel id diffinantly go up .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 05:40 PM

Hello ladies

The internet is fantastic but as soon as it goes wrong it drives you mad !!!! How did we manage without it ?

What a lovely day you've had Carol ... My grandchildren are 11 (Jack) and 7 (Grace) and I looked after both of them when my daughter went back to work after maternity leave (only part time I must add as I was also working then) until they started school.

They live in Macclesfield so 5 years ago when I retired I moved here to make life easier as far as travelling to and fro and also it meant I could do without a car. I only moved from Stockport 12 miles away but what a difference it has made being closer to them.

I now just pick them up from school on a Tuesday as daughter works all day (well just the 7 year old now as Jack prefers to walk home as I take Grace to ballet/tap straight from school and he doesn't want to sit and watch any more ) I sometimes take them to school in a morning if my S-in-L has an early start (daughter leaves home at 8.15) and during school holidays I look after them for two half days and one full day.

Eliza ... hope internet is sorted soon and retail therapy - can't beat it. CC is in the IoM at the moment - I've never been but it looks lovely ... I'm well jel

Wow ... don't I talk a lot !!!!
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 06:26 PM

Oh Myrtle if Richard Gere was waiting for me I would go on the big one at Blackpool. Believe me it is TERRIFYING but I would persevere it for him only
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2014, 07:31 PM

OK ladies ... you've made your point ... I'm such a WIMP !
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by venus ->
I have been on the wheel CC.. you will get a photo, key ring and fridge magnet and a CD. we enjoyed the experience.
Can't wait. Last time, was very disappointed because it was out of action.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 08:17 AM

I'm looking forward to going on it with you CC. Is it a bit like the London Eye? I've been on that!
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

17-07-2014, 09:49 AM

Good morning ladies

Carol ... m/cr wheel is similar to London Eye ... I chickened out of going on that one too

Read that you're walking today ... great ! Hope it's not too hot !
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 11:18 AM

Have a good day all...whatever you may be up to!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 12:32 PM

im wilting ,trying to keep cool inside not much shade out in the garden ..
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2014, 09:28 PM

Phew it really was too hot for walking today. My walking friend Chris & I managed 7 miles but we chose the wrong walk - not much shade. We were lathered!! Next week if it's like this we will be walking through shady woods.

I collapsed on the bed when I got home & slept for three hours...

Page 7 of 129 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top