Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2015, 11:29 PM

Re: NHS Sorted!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just so you understand because you seem not to this is the reaction I have if I use olive oil, I have multiple other allergies too but it's olive oil you seem to be suggesting I have closed my mind to here.
https://www.allergyuk.org/severe-all...FevJtAodzBAAlA
the site doesn't mention olive oil at all? - maybe you or using an inferior middle eastern one?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
the site doesn't mention olive oil at all? - maybe you or using an inferior middle eastern one?
Now what are you talking about ? I am allergic to all foods with a stone. pip or seed, various medications NSAIDs mainly but also several antibitoics, shell fish, various meats, and to a lesser degree (no ambulance needed) many washing up liquids and washing products and shampoos etc.

The link was to explain the reaction I have I try not to keep referring to the things I am allergic to as the list grows yearly and it is scary how quickly I can stop breathing and my heart stops.

But by all means carry on saying it's just a closed mind why I will not try a recipe containing an ingredient I am allergic to.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 11:58 AM

How the heck can you be so intolerant of so much? Have you always been like that?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
How the heck can you be so intolerant of so much? Have you always been like that?
No it started when I was 48 years old, suddenly out of the blue I ate a peach and nearly died my very first allergic reaction. It has gradually got worse as I have to keep adding things to the list as I react to them.

My allergist says it's an auto immune problem with my body seeing everything as a threat and reacting violently to the threats.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone as it does affect many areas of life, can't trust any food I don't make myself.

Allergic to booze too which doesn't worry me but would make it worse for some people.

Allergist says it can come on suddenly like that I am not unique at all.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 06:04 PM

I learned to make bread at school the chemistry as well as the practical I am not struggling to make a loaf at all been doing it for over 40 years.
Please understand I was not criticising your bread making, I'm sure you are very happy with your loaves and that's what counts. I'm rather just challenging your statements because they are not correct and that in turn suggests your understanding of the chemistry is off a little.

Yeast needs food it gets it from the sugar, I have made sugar free bread before it doesn't rise well and tastes rather salty.
As I previously stated this is not correct. Yeast needs NO ADDED SUGAR to work or to raise a good loaf, none whatsoever. When flour, water and yeast are mixed together the enzymes in the yeast break down the large starch molecules from the flour/water and convert them to sugars. The yeast consume the sugars and that "fermentation" results in the 2 by-products of ethanol and carbon dioxide, the latter being the substance that raises the loaf.

OK refined sugar so still no bread etc you have to use refined sugar in many things or the recipes won't work, chemically it just won't rise.
Again this is wholly untrue. Chemically and practically you do not need to add any sugar, refined or otherwise for a loaf to rise magnificently.

The ONLY ingredients you need are Flour, Water, Yeast and a little Salt. Nothing more.

Bread making is a lost skill and craft that has been making a come-back in recent years. There is a vast difference between what some might call "mum's bread making" and real artisan bread making. The former typically involves adding all manner of unnecessary things to the dough mix inc sugars, butter, sometimes milk, flour enhancers and so on. The latter involves simply understanding the chemistry of what goes on in the dough (flour rheology and yeast action) and learning how one can create a multitude of different loaves, flavours, crumb types and crust types by simply varying the times and temperatures involved, yet still using nothing but Flour, Water, Yeast and Salt. It's all about technique and skill.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 10:11 AM

No it started when I was 48 years old, suddenly out of the blue I ate a peach and nearly died my very first allergic reaction. It has gradually got worse as I have to keep adding things to the list as I react to them.

My allergist says it's an auto immune problem with my body seeing everything as a threat and reacting violently to the threats.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone as it does affect many areas of life, can't trust any food I don't make myself.

Allergic to booze too which doesn't worry me but would make it worse for some people.

Allergist says it can come on suddenly like that I am not unique at all.
i believe - there are many auto-immune diseases in everyday life that we are not aware of take rheumatoid arthritis for example or leukaemia for another - the list goes on - do a auto-immune disease google - you will be truly amazed - it's like alice stepping into the looking glass!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 08:38 PM

Well the old adage 'We are what We eat' is true..If You want to put shit food into Your body which will cause diseased cells which cause cancer etc;.....then go ahead...it's Your Life and body to do with as You wish!!..hey! You only have one Life...Live it the way You want...
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Well the old adage 'We are what We eat' is true..If You want to put shit food into Your body which will cause diseased cells which cause cancer etc;.....then go ahead...it's Your Life and body to do with as You wish!!..hey! You only have one Life...Live it the way You want...
Delightful turn of phrase
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2015, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Delightful turn of phrase
Thank You Mr Wonderful who is ALWAYS so polite and respectful.....:~(
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

13-06-2015, 10:17 PM

wel us refined gentlemen is not used to ladies speaking on 'ere like wot you is speaking! good job the mods is sleepin or you'd be marched off to the guillotine!

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top